EVP, Global Network Advancement & Chief Opera
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Executive Vice President for Global Network Advancement and Chief Operations Officer is a critical member of the United Way Worldwide (UWW) Executive Leadership Team. In collaboration with the President & Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Strategic Officer, this position will articulate and implement the global strategic vision and leadership of the organization. This EVP will need to possess excellent relationship management skills to effectively oversee a significant portfolio of programs and services to meet the goals of UWW.
Note: Diversified Search on behalf of The United Way Worldwide will manage this search so your resume will be forwarded to them.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
- Provide leadership to the United Way’s global network to effectively execute the strategic plan in support of local United Ways.
- Identify new opportunities while continuing to build effective relationships with network leaders, regional/state associations, global funders, global policy leaders, and other stakeholders and partners to further engagement and increase support for the United Way mission.
- Represent the needs of United Ways to the UWW functional staff to ensure the tools, services and programs are developed in a timely manner to support their needs.
- Manage in a transparent manner to ensure an effective partnership between network members, regional and state associations and United Way Worldwide.
- Develop, implement and maintain a sustainable delivery model that enables UWW to continually enhance the United Way value proposition.
- Build strong relationships with local United Way CEOs, global regional Vice Presidents, leadership of national members, volunteer leaders, corporate leaders, organized labor and donors.
- Lead the UWW U.S. and non-U.S. network team, providing goals, development opportunities and serving as information liaison to staff.
- Responsible for assuring that network members and partners receive appropriate support to succeed and thrive.
- Work cross-functionally with development, marketing and communications, and finance to ensure implementation of strategy and support growth.
- Provide oversight/direction to ensure policies and procedures regarding network members and partners are documented and followed.
- Align people practices with People & Culture & Diversity leaders to insure equity for all staff
- Accountable for budget development and execution, including management of expenses, fundraising and other revenue in partnership with development team.
- Manage key worldwide external relationships (e.g., non-profit organizations, international NGO’s, United Nations, regional development associations).
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree: Master’s degree preferred, or commensurate experience.
- Ten years of expert-level experience in a senior management role in large organizations (e.g., NGO, government, private sector, multi-lateral institutions).
- Experience working with a networked organization.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Strong understanding of how the civic sector functions inside and outside of North America.
- Ability to motivate and develop staff while coaching the team for excellence.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Appreciation and respect for diverse cultures.
- International experience a bonus.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion for every person in every community.
United Way Worldwide
Get fresh Vice President Advancement jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.