Job ID: 01361993
Country: United States
Category: Engineering, Systems
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Staff Systems Engineer - Mission Systems
Become part of a growing team focused on the development of the systems requirements and design for aviators and crew with all levels of the training fidelity for the missions that they perform. This impact is felt both domestically and abroad with trainers for both our US government and for foreign governments through Foreign Military Sales. Examples of programs that will be worked are the E-2 Hawkeye, B-52 and C-130 to name a few.
The Simulator & Training Systems (STS) Fixed Wing and Mission Systems Engineering department seeks a Senior Systems Engineer to work on the development of new and exciting simulation systems and products. The Senior System Engineer will have tasks relating to all parts of the systems development life cycle, design, development and verification.
- Leading and participating in technical interchange meetings and design working group meetings
- Interacting with customers to define/capture operational concepts and translating those concepts into system requirements
- Decomposing requirements and developing system level architectures including system level modeling and functional allocation of requirements
- Contributing to the preparation and delivery of technical briefings to customers and upper management.
- Providing risk analysis regarding systems development decisions on meeting technical, schedule, and cost baseline requirements
- Estimating, tracking, and reporting project costs
- Interfacing with and supporting software engineers, architects, and domain leads through requirements capture, functional & integration testing, and delivery support.
- Coordinating, documenting, reviewing, and testing of simulations, trainers and system interfaces.
- Performing System level Verification and Validation activities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills and able to communicate effectively with engineering, leadership and customers. Strong teaming skills, including a willingness to act as a mentor to less experienced engineers.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- US Citizenship
- Current DoD Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Willing to travel approximately 10%
- Experience with Systems level requirement and design capture, including the use of various systems level tools such as DOORS/JAMA/Enterprise architect that are used to capture that information.
- Experience in avionics system development, system level verification/validation, interfaces, and certification processes
- Knowledge of avionics simulations on a variety of aircraft
- An understanding of various aircraft and simulation interfaces such as ARINC 429, ARINC 661, ARINC 664, MIL-STD-1553
- Familiarity with aircraft operations i.e. private/military pilot or aircraft maintenance experience
- Proposal development
If you're looking for an opportunity to join a fast paced team, with opportunities for growth than this team could be the perfect fit for you. The STS Fixed Wing and Mission Systems team will allow you the opportunity to experience all facets of Collins Aerospace STS development and be closely aligned with our US DOD and Foreign customers to bring the best possible experience to the warfighters of today and tomorrow.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.