Job ID: 01363708
Country: United States
Category: Interns/Co-Ops, Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace is looking for engineers to join our Summer Engineering Projects Program (SEPP) for summer 2020. Our SEPP interns work on high profile, high impact projects that immerse students in tackling real world problems that directly feed into our business's strategy. For 2020, this Mission Systems team will focus on a Missionized Integrated Autonomy demonstration that will combine several key capabilities across mission systems such as UAS automatic landing, perception-based path planning, and autonomy.
- The student must have basic skills and qualities that should align with skills and qualities comparable to peers in the same organization.
- Provides complimentary technical support to a department and performs various duties dependent upon the department in which the position resides.
- Design, code, test, and provide ongoing support for embedded systems software and simulation software
- Write software integration and test plans; conduct software verification, testing and integration efforts to identify required modifications
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and controls engineers in design and development of the embedded software
- This position orients the student to the technical environment. It may include assignments in the electrical, computer, aerospace, industrial or mechanical engineering or computer science disciplines.
A successful candidate will:
Be a registered college student pursuing an undergraduate BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Student must be enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4 year institution.
Must have US Citizenship / Permanent Residence Status
A strong working knowledge of C/C++, object oriented design, embedded SW design concepts
Some experience with Machine Learning or Image Processing
A successful candidate may:
Have knowledge and experience with the aerospace industry, UAS (drones)
Have demonstrated team leadership experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.