Job ID: 01355053
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Senior Software Engineer - Simulated Environment & Interoperability
This software engineering position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapons system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability. As part of the simulated environment and interoperability team, this position will involve modeling and simulation of tactical data networks and designing interoperability interfaces for standards such as HLA and DIS.
- Architect effective software & engineering product designs
- Assist in development of detailed software & engineering specifications and provide accurate time estimates for the software development
- Design, develop, implement, test, and debug real time, multi-threaded, multiprocessing software applications and associated user interfaces
- Support and enhance existing software products as necessary
- Prototyping, designing, acquiring parts, and writing code
- Customer interfacing
- Strong Object Oriented Programming (OOP) skills
- 3 - 5+ years of professional experience building applications using: C#, C++, Python, or similar
- Experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test, support)
- Visual Studio
- Active DOD Security clearance or ability to attain one (US Citizenship Required)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience on AGILE teams
- Scripting Languages (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Real-time programming
- Source code control (SVN, Git, ClearCase etc.)
Active or recent Secret Level clearance is highly preferred. All candidates must possess the ability to obtain a security clearance with the DoD (US Citizenship Required). Applicants selected will be subject to an additional security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, this position may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR 126.1) https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/embargoed_countries/ . All applicants and employees may be subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.