Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace Systems is seeking exceptional technical talent to drive product development of complex systems within our business. Currently, Collins Aerospace has over 120 product lines representing the power, thermal, and sensing systems that enable the operation of modern civil and military aviation platforms. The breadth and complexity of these products enables Collins Aerospace to offer unique career opportunities to develop the next generation of systems for the aerospace industry.
The Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) team in Central Engineering is seeking an exceptional candidate to help development of innovative data science and machine learning methods for improving aircraft systems. The ideal candidate will be skilled in data science, modeling and analysis, and machine learning and apply this skillset to prescriptive analytics challenges associated with highly integrated systems.
This position offers the unique opportunity to work closely with our talented team of engineers, software developers, and customer service representatives in support of the Collins Aerospace Digital Strategy to develop new services to improve customer experience.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, measure performance and visualize disparate sources of data.
- Apply data driven methods to optimize algorithm performance
- Develop tools to automate cleansing, manipulation, and analysis of large data sets using languages such as Python or R.
- Support development of state of the art analytics tools & methodologies to enable expansion of health monitoring capability across Collins Aerospace business segments.
- 3-5 years of experience in data science projects leading to business outcomes
- Ability to automate, clean, transform, cross-reference and merge large sources of data.
- Familiarity with applied machine learning and data mining techniques.
- Proficiency in manipulating and analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets
- Naturally inquisitive and skilled in exploratory data analysis, formulating and testing hypotheses.
- Results-oriented and motivated to provide solutions with measureable benefit to our customer and business
- Ability to communicate complex analysis with clarity and precision
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- MS with experience in PHM, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent technical field.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms