Job ID: 01358962
Country: United States
Category: Engineering, Systems
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Senior Electrical Engineer - Mission Systems
Collins Aerospace is seeking an Analog Hardware Design Engineer to support the FC&NA (Flight Control and Navigation Applications) group. FC&NA supports, integrates and develops multiple avionics products for the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) markets.
A motivated Senior Analog Design Engineer with a demonstrated history of success and a desire to join an industry-leading product team is being sought. The appropriate candidate will play a significant and leading role in the development of products and solutions for the next generation of inertial navigation solutions. The applicant must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, possess good communications skills, and a demonstrated ability to work within a multifunctional, multidisciplinary team.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create board-level analog circuit designs, including conceptual design, schematic entry, circuit analysis, board layout support, board-level testing, integration testing, and design documentation
- Support designs through validation testing including generation of test plans and pass/fail criteria pertaining to certification of test equipment and formal in-process and system-level acceptance testing of deliverable hardware
- Work with program teams, including other engineering disciplines and program management, to develop design concepts, define and perform trades, develop performance models, and decompose and flow down system requirements to lower level electrical designs
- Prepare and present material for formal design reviews, customer meetings, and technical proposal activities
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in the design and development of high precision mixed signal circuits including analog filters, small signal amplifiers, analog-digital conversion, and power supplies
- Ability to perform circuit simulation using SPICE or variants and system modeling and analysis using MATLAB, Simulink, or other comparable tools
- Possess an understanding of and experience with inertial sensors (gyroscopes and accelerometers), air data sensors, and magnetometers
- Experience designing circuits for use in harsh physical and electromagnetic environments as embodied in common commercial and military standards such as Mil-STD-461, MIL-STD-810, etc.
- Experience designing for EMI mitigation in complex sensor systems, which may be in close proximity to high frequency, switched-mode power electronics, RF circuitry, and high speed digital electronics
- Utilize RTCA DO-254 standards for Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware
- Highly proactive with an inherent sense of urgency on all tasks presented
- Diligent, detail and goal oriented, highly analytical and innovative
- Responsible and accountable team player and individual contributor
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.