Job ID: 01374139
Country: United States
Category: General Management
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
CAA23: NOR Phoenix 2198 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ, 85016 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO's Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer's individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ.
The Project Manager I will be part of a team that is executing a current LAUSD project, and future projects for the City of Phoenix and CDCR Prison Sites Cal/Cen in the Southwest (AZ,CA). The Project Manager I shall be a full time non-working who will have interaction with the customer as well as other NORESCO staff. This person shall report directly to the NORESCO Manager of Construction.
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position:
- Management and documentation of the bid process, including pre-qualifying subcontractors, developing bid packages and evaluating subcontractor bids.
- Negotiate best pricing and terms with subcontractors and vendors,
- Developing subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Prepare daily construction reports as well as monitor the status of the project to ensure NORESCO meets all contract related issues.
- Work with subcontractors and vendors to ensure that their closeout and O&M documents meet all NORESCO requirements.
- Generate and produce meeting minutes and appropriate correspondences required for contract compliance.Project Management
- Development and management of project schedules including organizing on-site construction activities.
- Interface with customers and supervise contractors on a daily basis and coordinate subcontractor access at owner's facilities.
- Manage NORESCO purchased material and equipment by coordination, delivery, receive and inspection
- Witness and inspect subcontractor work for quality control, cost control, schedule and completeness.
- Coordinating, conducting and documenting inspections of work with the Owner's representative to achieve a projects substantial and final completion.
- Must maintain high level of customer satisfaction. Responsible for onsite commissioning and close-out activities.
- Must be able to manage all aspects of the project with minor management supervision.
- Development of future projects by conducting the following: scope review, constructability, pricings and subcontractor site walks.
- Manage project managers and provide mentoring and advice based on previous experience. Risk analysis and decision making when it impacts constructability, budgets, and or savings.Safety
- Development of project and subcontractor safety plans.
- Daily monitor and document subcontractor activities ensuring safety compliance.
- Read and comply with all NORESCO safety requirements and maintain a safe work environment at both the office and in the field.Financial
- Preparation of project budgets and manage projects to within project budgeted amount.
- Track and approve subcontractor monthly invoices. Check and insure that they are accurate and comply with all NORESCO required information.
- Preparation of accurate monthly project financial projections for subcontractor monthly cost.Education / Certifications
- Bachelors in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferredExperience / Qualifications The following skills and attributes are preferred for this position:
- 3+ years of experience with management of Piping and Airside Mechanical systems, EMS, electrical and lighting construction projects or facility management projects.
- Experience with commissioning mechanical DDC systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- 50% travel.
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.