Job ID: 01311443
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
A Project Engineer is needed to lead, execute and direct all aspects of the development, design, testing, and field deployment for Embedded Control Units in aircraft electrical systems.
- Leading/directing the efforts of a cross functional engineering team for all engineering development and test activities. Teams could include systems, software, electrical, packaging and test equipment engineers.
- Being the key technical interface between Program Management/Functional Management/External Customers.
- Develop and track engineering plans, schedules and budgets.
- Define, tailor and manage the engineering product development process including coordinating the conduct of internal technical reviews, external technical reviews and program milestone reviews such as PDR and CDR.
- Responsible for identification of technical and project related risks; development and execution of risk mitigation strategies.
- Contribute technically including some or all of the following: Development of DO254 planning documents, definition and flow down of requirements from customer specification to module level; development of architecture/solutions to meet customer's requirements; development of system and controller test strategies and plans.
- Support the Program Manager for: planning the overall program; securing and allocating resources from the engineering functional managers; reporting program status to the customer and UTAS management; satisfying contract requirements and deliverables and providing EVMS status and variance report.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in a fast-paced aerospace environment
- Familiarity with electrical engineering concepts and embedded controls
- Experience with control systems
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.