Senior Member Service Representative
In the Senate Community tradition of service, we strive to improve the financial wellness of our members throughout all stages of life by integrating sustainability and security into every financial solution.
Culture Competencies: S.T.R.I.V.E
- Maintains our members' and employees' trust by safeguarding their financial data and information.
- Values and respects everyone's abilities, opinions, and feedback to achieve trust, safety, and well-being in a friendly, welcoming, and cooperative environment. Actively devoted to our motto of "better together".
- Is honest, professional, authentic, and genuine in creating relationships that are uncompromising and true to ethical principles.
- Generates new ideas, supports change, provides new efficient solutions, and solves problems creatively while balancing risk.
Under general supervision and in compliance with all federal and state regulations and USSFCU policies and procedures, assists in the daily activities involved in the operation of the retail branch. Serves as an ambassador of USSFCU by espousing our "Better Together" philosophy to fulfill our purpose of helping our members achieve financial success. Performs routine and complex transactions including cash handling in retail branches. Possesses strong customer service skills, able to have professional conversations with members. Develops relationships with members, engages as a member advocate, actively listens, identifies member needs and provides solutions. Is driven to meet or exceed performance and branch sales and service goals. Responds to questions and requests for information and maintains knowledge of credit union products and services. Possesses a drive to succeed professionally and grow with USSFCU.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous, engaging, professional manner and provides excellent member service to both external and internal members. Is efficient, results driven, and accurate. Understands the impact of their behavior and performance on USSFCU, our members, potential members, and teammates.
- Reads and analyzes credit reports for membership and loan applications processes.
- Demonstrated ability to cross sell credit union products and services.
- Opens and closes accounts.
- Ability to engage with members and colleagues.
- May be asked to assist at various branches should the need arise. Ability to arrive to a branch earlier or later than normal business hours to assist with tasks such as audits, ATM replenishment, training, etc.
- Must have the capability to work remotely from home.
- Performs routine and complex member transactions. Completes all transactions and processes accurately and efficiently. Avoids exceptions and repeat errors. Accurately balances cash and checks daily and assists with the daily balancing of the branch. May assist with various branch tasks such as ordering currency, reconciling various monetary instruments, servicing ATM's, verifying cash, etc. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and provide solutions.
- Accurately tracks and records all required audit information on required logs such as the monetary instrument log, instant issue card log, etc. Understands required regulatory processes such as CTR's and SAR's and how and when to utilize them.
- Able to navigate through multiple computer applications and screens, while simultaneously engaging with members either in person or by phone or other channels such as email. Performs file maintenance and processes changes on member accounts, to include but not limited to, address changes and name modifications. Able to problem solve and find solutions.
- Understands Credit (Disclosing rates, provides lending information, opening loans).
- Maintains knowledge of Select Employment Groups (SEGs).
- Understands and maintains knowledge of credit union services and products. Also maintains a basic understanding of ancillary products such as GAP, Warranty Services, etc. Works as part of the branch team in meeting and exceeding sales and service goals.
- As a member advocate, actively listens in order to offer referrals for products and services based on the member's needs. Accurately completes all related forms and procedures that may be required for referrals of products and services. Understands and can convey to members the appropriate rules and regulations related to the member's products and services such as Member Privilege.
- Possess the ability to solve problems and find solutions.
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Works interactively and positively with other team members to promote unity, communication, and consistency of operations within the branch and the organization as a whole. Actively participates to help the team meet and exceed branch and organizational goals. Is results driven, possesses a high sense of urgency, and is self-motivated to succeed. Able to multitask and practices good organizational skills.
- Assists other departments as necessary and works closely with other departments in obtaining information for members or in ascertaining necessary corrections for errors.
- Maintains confidentiality of all member interactions, transactions, and documentation. Ensures that proper handling of documents occurs to include proper logging of documents for storage and/or destruction, filing, imaging, and shredding.
- Actively engages and participates in training, coaching sessions, team meetings, group discussions and motivational/ promotional activities with the organization. Ensures timely completion of all assigned training. Strives to improve own personal performance. Takes responsibility and ownership of actions and decisions. Is dependable and adheres to assigned schedule.
- Understands and complies with all applicable federal and state regulations to include but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Reg. CC, etc. Understands and complies with USSFCU policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: College degree or high school diploma.
Experience: 3+ years of relevant experience at a financial institution in customer service, relationship building, and cash handling.
Skills: Ability to successfully completely new account and loan training within 1 year of service. Demonstrated ability to cross-sell products and services; attention to detail; Experienced with basic PC applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures with particular emphasis in teller and member service areas preferred. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Communication: Possesses excellent conversational, active listening and interpersonal skills needed to build member relationships. Possesses excellent written communication skills. Interacts effectively with members and all levels of staff.
Supervisory: None Required
Time in Service: None Required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States Senate Federal Credit UnionAlexandria, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.