United States Medical Supply Miami, FL
- Expired: October 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
USMD Pharmacist Technician (PT) agrees to devote their full working time and attention, together with their best endeavors and skill, for the interest, benefit, and advantage of USMD, and provide services on behalf of USMD in a manner that maintains productive, quality Pharmacy operations. USMD PT provides professional pharmacist services in accordance with company policy, and appropriate standards of care of the community and in compliance with URAC Mail Order Pharmacy Standards. USMD PT may be required to work in various licensed facilities under USMD’s purview, depending on current company and department needs.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pharmacy Technicians report to the pharmacists and their role in the dispensing process is to assist pharmacist(s) in the pharmacy, type in patient orders, assist patients, handle phone calls, and any other duties they are delegated from time to time.
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing the literature and attending post-graduate continuing education, in-services, seminars and conferences including periodic consultation with practitioners in the field.
- Comply with FDA mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including REMS programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
- Maintains compliance with fraud, waste and abuse policies, various state board of pharmacy regulations, CMS regulations, Medicare prescription drug plans, various PVM guidelines or contracts, PSAO, GPO or wholesaler guidelines/requirements, and any other contract agreements being managed by the pharmacy.
- As needed, will process prescription orders, communicate with a prescriber and patients, and dispense prescription orders as appropriate.
- Assist and support patient education pharmacists, including the development of different types of materials as appropriate.
- Respond to patients’ questions or concerns about their prescriptions.
- Respond to associates’ inquiries or requests regarding patient orders/prescriptions.
- Ensure that patients are processed using good dispensing practices and that orders are shipped to patients in a timely manner.
- Ensure all requried pharmacy documentation & data entry is completed timely, and in accordance with regulatory agency guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with continuing education and/or other licensure requirements, in order to maintain active licensure status.
- Develop & maintain positive working relationships with USMD’s Pharmacy staff and network partners, ensuring a team approach to pharmacy services.
- Follow the ongoing leadership, support and supervision provided by Pharmacists to Pharmacy Technicians, in order to ensure that day-to-day service and production goals are met. Pharmacist reports to the Senior Clinical Pharmacist and has the primary responsibility of the daily work of pharmacy technicians and is responsible for DUR, to communicate with prescribers, counsel patients, and monitor and assure adherence to all state regulations, federal regulations, and contractual agreements guidelines. Pharmacy Technicians report to the pharmacists and their role in the dispensing process is to assist pharmacist(s) in the pharmacy, type in patient orders, assist patients, handle phone calls, and any other duties they are delegated from time to time.
- Provide ongoing feedback, recommendations, and training as appropriate to pharmacy staff.
United States Medical Supply
HealthcareView all jobs at United States Medical Supply