Head Mechanic and Maintenance
Candidate will oversee a team of 4 – 6 direct reports, and is expected to be not only a leader, but hands-on. The Head Mechanic will be responsible for leading the development of his team, and the design and implementation of formal preventive maintenance programs for all laundering, folding, ironing, and sealing equipment. Candidate must provide examples of leading and developing teams within multiple business units. This role is responsible for a single site, but could encompass leading the standardization of processes across multiple sites.
Director of Operations
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Team Members at all levels of the organization.
- Develops and Maintains Preventive Maintenance (PM) records and inspections noting defects and deficiencies and tags defective equipment for non-use when necessary.
o Works collaboratively with the Director of Operations to develop a PM schedule that is aligned with customer requirements. The PM schedule should be based off the OEM equipment manufacturers weekly, monthly, quarterly PM schedule.
· Must be proficient in troubleshooting electrical, electronic and pneumatic controls, rebuild pumps, valves, regulators, and have an excellent understanding of steam and/or thermal oil systems.
- Experience sweating and soldering joints as well as solder repairs on leaking plumbing lines.
- Ability to repair, modify, and rebuild laundry systems equipment:
- Milnor washers and dryers, Chicago Sheet Folder/Ironer, Chicago and Jensen Towel/Blanket Folders, Super Sylon Ironer, Heat Sealers, etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams and utilize a variety of testing equipment for troubleshooting of equipment and systems to the board level.
- Good understanding of electrical circuitry
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a good working knowledge of tools
- Basic computer literacy-email, internet and basic knowledge of Microsoft.
- Maintain a good inventory of parts on facility equipment. Based on OEM recommendations.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be in good physical condition.Maintains tools, equipment and work area in clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take proactive and strategic approach to issues.
- Must have the ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have the ability to work as a team or on your own.
- Must be able to cross train existing and new in house mechanics.
- Highly organized and detailed.
- Must have worked with CMMS software.
- Six + years’ leading teams in the Facilities Maintenance field in the hospitality or related field preferred.
- Ability to design and implement plans for new installations, and retro-fit existing systems.
- Must demonstrate the ability to develop and train teams.
What are we looking for?
- Troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of commercial laundry equipment and related equipment.
- Knowledge of water re-use systems is desirable.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the equipment and the laundry room by performing weekly blow-downs of the equipment and duct work to eliminate the build-up of lint.
- Coordinate and schedule outside contractors as needed.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Why Work Here?We are the number one company globally in our industry segment
Great Team! Collaborative environment!