The Medical Receptionist (Clinic Administrative Assistant) will be working at Zel Skin & Laser Specialists (United Skin Specialists) office in Edina, MN. This position will work with other clinic staff to greet patients as they arrive, check patients in for their appointments, answer general questions and assist others on clinic projects as needed. The position is full-time, 40-hours a week, with work hours from 8am-5pm. The clinic is open Monday - Friday.
To apply for this position, please go to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1072USKIN/ and create a applicant profile. The quick and easy process will allow to apply for any open positions and keep you in our database for all future openings. Once you create your applicant profile, you'll then be able to apply for this (and other) positions.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for providing all around support to the clinic and patients in the following capacities:
- Welcomes patients into the clinic in a warm and friendly manner
- Checks-in patients as they arrive for their appointment
- Provides a clean and organized waiting area
- Assists with helping patients select appropriate skin retail products
- Optimizes patient satisfaction
- Enters patient information and billing information into electronic database
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to OSHA infection-control policies
- Identifies and resolves patient-centered problems in a timely manner; Involving Clinic leads when appropriate
- Adheres to HIPAA privacy policies
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures and other guidelines
- Assists clinic team in various admin needs
- Maintains electronic medical charts/files
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Schedules appointments for new and existing patients
- Reviews schedules for accuracy and productivity
- Completes patient reminder phone calls if needed
- Requires a High-School diploma or equivalent
- STRONG customer service skills
- At least 2 years’ experience in a medical receptionist/healthcare environment; Preferably in a Dermatology or a Specialty Clinic
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer software
- Prior experience using an electronic medical scheduling software
- Customer-satisfaction held to the highest degree
- Ability to travel to other clinic locations in the Twin Cities metro area as needed to cover shifts as needed
- Prior understanding of HIPAA compliance
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Exceptional organizational skills and effectively prioritizes tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Positively contribute to the USS team environment by taking initiative to learn and build skill sets
- Ability to independently problem solve
Our Mission: We exist to provide customized, business function expertise to independent dermatology practices enabling clinical independence and fostering a positive work environment for patients, physicians, providers and staff.
Our Vision: We will be viewed as the premiere resource for reigniting dermatologists’ passion for superior patient care.