The Medical Call Center Representative (Intake Representative) will be working at Zel Skin & Laser Specialists - Minneapolis (United Skin Specialists) office in Minneapolis, MN and Plymouth, MN. This position will work diligently to ensure the first point of contact for many of our patients are left with a welcoming and positive experience. You'll utilize your customer service and critical thinking skills schedule appointments in a Call Center environment, to ensure our patients receive the care they need efficiently, you will work with patients to obtain complete and accurate billing and insurance information, you'll work closely with staff at our numerous clinics to connect patients with the information they need about their care or escalate issues to the clinic leadership, listening to the patient's needs and finding a solution for them is crucial. Our Intake Representatives enjoy providing excellent customer service to a diverse age and ethnic population by effectively communicating and efficiently problem-solving. The position is full-time, 40-hours a week, with work hours anywhere from 7:30am to 5:30pm. The clinic is open Monday - Friday.
To apply for this position, please go to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1072USKIN/ and create a applicant profile. The quick and easy process will allow to apply for any open positions and keep you in our database for all future openings. Once you create your applicant profile, you'll then be able to apply for this (and other) positions.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for providing all around support to the clinic and patients in the following capacities:
- Answer all scheduling phone calls
- Captures accurate personnel demographic and insurance information at time of scheduling
- Schedules appointments for new and existing patients
- Reviews schedules for accuracy and productivity
- Completes patient reminder phone calls if needed
- Provides superb customer service
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to OSHA infection-control policies
- Identifies and resolves patient-centered problems in a timely manner; Involving Clinic leadership when appropriate
- Adheres to HIPAA privacy policies
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures and other guidelines
- Assists clinic team in various admin needs
- Maintains electronic medical charts/files
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Requires a High-School diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in a medical receptionist/healthcare environment; Preferably in a Dermatology or a Specialty Clinic
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer software
- Prior experience using an electronic medical scheduling software
- Proven ability to: listen effectively, maintain strict confidentiality, resolve patient complaints, and demonstrate emotional intelligence and patience.
- An audible, friendly, professional, and well-mannered speaking voice.
- Ability to type and utilize various computer screens while conversing with patient/customer.
- Customer-satisfaction held to the highest degree
- Strong telephone management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource.
- Ability to travel to other clinic locations in the Twin Cities metro area as needed to cover shifts as needed
- Prior understanding of HIPAA compliance
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Exceptional organizational skills and effectively prioritizes tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Positively contribute to the USS team environment by taking initiative to learn and build skill sets
- Ability to independently problem solve
Our Mission: We exist to provide customized, business function expertise to independent dermatology practices enabling clinical independence and fostering a positive work environment for patients, physicians, providers and staff.
Our Vision: We will be viewed as the premiere resource for reigniting dermatologists’ passion for superior patient care.