We are a private Mohs surgery practice and Dermatopathology lab searching for an expereinced Lab Assistant or MOHS Technician for our office in Plymouth, MN. The MOHS Technician is responsible for instrument sterilization, quality control, surgical prep, slide prep, and cutting, staining and preparing tissue samples for our Mohs surgeons and Dermpath lab. They are also responsible for prioritizing testing procedures and completing those procedures in an accurate and timely manner and maintaining proper accurate records of all tests done in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations. This position would have a dedicated schedule and crosstrain between Mohs and Dermpath to ensure we have coverage when needed.
To apply for this position, please go to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1072USKIN/ and create a applicant profile. The quick and easy process will allow to apply for any open positions and keep you in our database for all future openings. Once you create your applicant profile, you'll then be able to apply for this (and other) positions.
For all applicants, we are asking you to take this quick 10-12 minute survey. You can access the survey here, https://www.cultureindex.com/c/038M15BXcm . Due to our emphasis on excellence and growth, we will be using an online survey tool to help in our recruiting efforts. This tool is called “Culture Index Survey.” The Culture Index Survey is just that – it’s a survey and not a test: no passing or failing. The purpose of this exercise is to help us understand how we can work together at a more efficient level strategically in the clinic, and to help us recruit in the most efficient and productive manner. The survey will only take around 10-12 minutes to complete. Please take the time to complete the survey within three days of receipt, and do so in one sitting and without interruptions. The email will come from culture index and please check you spam folder if you do not see it in the next 48 hours.
- Produce high quality slides for fast paced Mohs surgeon.
- Assist with other MOHS slide preparation duties including accessioning, coverslipping and labeling.
- Use equipment and instruments including cryostat, stainer, microscope, and other lab equipment.
- Examine slides under microscope to ensure tissue preparation meets laboratory requirements.
- Work independently and with team members as needed.
- Research and manage the use of safe chemicals and equipment throughout the Dermpath lab.
- Research and train other staff members on biohazard and chemical waste.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Typical working days could be Monday-Friday. You'll have a set schedule.
- Will partner with another Histotech to help with processing specimens and paperwork.
What we offer:
- Benefits (health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability (for full-time employees), 401k with employer match (for part-time and full-time employees)
- PTO and 8 paid holidays
- Employee discounts on cosmetic procedures and products
- 2+ years’ experience as a MOHS tech, working for a dermatology clinic/lab preferred
- Prior experience working with frozen sections
- Prior experience working in either a Mohs lab and/or Dermatopathology lab
- Ability to be a solo MOHS tech.
- Preferred: American Society of Mohs Histology member, with proven continuing education