Zel Skin & Laser Specialists (operated by United Skin Specialists) is seeking an experienced full-time MA/LPN at our Zel Skin & Laser Specialists in Plymouth, MN. The clinic consists of General Dermatology, Mohs Surgery and cosmetic dermatology (injectables and skincare). This clinic has a busy team of Physicians and Physician Assistants. We are looking for a long-term team member who will embrace our practice ethics and bring positive energy to the clinical team. Position may float between our other Twin City clinic locations as well (Richfield, Edina and downtown Minneapolis). The full-time position will have a weekly schedule of 40-hours per week 5 days per week (Monday-Friday).
To apply for this position, please go to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1072USKIN/ and create a applicant profile. The quick and easy process will allow to apply for any open positions and keep you in our database for all future openings. Once you create your applicant profile, you'll then be able to apply for this (and other) positions.
We are looking for a clinical assistant (MA or LPN) to work closely with physicians and other health care providers to supply real time charting of physician and patient encounters during scheduled appointments. The Assistant is responsible for a variety of medical & clerical tasks that include performing a variety of tasks to assist Doctors and mid-level practitioners in providing patient care, including escorting patients to exam rooms, checking vital signs, assisting the front-office with administrative work, assisting during dermatology-focused procedures, coordinating of ongoing care and turning exam rooms over. Ideal candidate will have experience working in a medical office and experience in dermatology or the cosmetic industry and having flexibility in working with various providers throughout the work week. This position will act as the "Resource." What does this mean? This means that you will help out where needed. You may be assigned to a specific Provider 1-2 days a week, but the remaining days will be following up on incoming refill requests, calling patients back, helping other teams to ensure successful patient experiences and be a overall team player.
Under the medical direction of the clinic physician and the general administrative direction of the clinic manager: Additional duties may include:
- Accompanies Provider during patient visits
- Assisting with chart prep and chart follow-up
- Entering patient information directly into the medical chart
- Lab functions, instrument processing, blood draws, injections
- Take patient photos, update photos to EMR/paper chart and label accordingly.
- Set up exam rooms in accordance with scheduled procedure and anticipate medical provider’s need if an unscheduled procedure is likely
- Prep patient with appropriate sterile technique before treatment.
- Assist medical provider in all cosmetic dermatology procedures including injectables, laser treatments, and benign growth removal
- Provide direct assistance to the physician with surgical and medical procedures
- Assist multiple providers who perform dermatology and cosmetic dermatology based procedures
- Assist physician with patient care and education
- Prepare for the day's activities by checking schedules and preparing rooms for patient use
- Complying with appropriate medical charting procedures and all required HIPAA policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Completion of an accredited Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification: CMA( AAMA) or RMA (AMT) with no restrictions or if you're a LPN, a current and active Minnesota license with no restrictions.
- 2+ years' prior clinical experience in a medical clinic setting
- Proficient using Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Microsoft Office, computer applications and ability to operate basic computer programs and equipment
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds and be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Excellent follow through
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stand, walk and follow a physician for extended periods of time
- Experience with medical terminology is required
- Quick and accurate typing speed
- Strong writing skills
- Responsible and mature demeanor with a passion for medicine
The Position includes:
- 5 day a week work schedule
- Clinic hours are 8am to 5pm, but depending on Provider scheduling, your work hours may be 30 minutes +/- the hours listed above
- Ability to work with multiple Provider's every week