We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate innovator to join our machine learning team. A successful candidate will bring a mix of real-world experience, vision and the ability to execute on that vision.
- Use machine learning techniques to develop document recognition applications
- Create utilities to prepare and normalize data
- Work with the fellow data scientists and machine learning developers to establish standards
- Prepare and maintain data used to create trained models, and the models themselves
- Performance tuning of the trained models
- Validation of trained models
- Strong OOP coding skills
- Experience with a machine learning platform such as: TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, or Encog
- Experience working with large data sets, both structured and unstructured
- Solid understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-means, k-NN, - Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, HMM, Neural nets, Deep learning etc.
- Experience creating workflows and rule engines
- Awareness of design patterns such as repository, factory, and composition
- Awareness of principles such as SOLID, YAGNI, and DRY
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related field
- 3+ years of professional or research experience with software development, algorithms, modeling, or machine learning
- Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, or related field with 5+ years of professional or research experience with software development, algorithms, modeling, or machine learning OR 8+ years of professional experience
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
United Shore is a diverse group of over 4,000 mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes and more. We’re a $41 billion and growing, family owned and operated company that still feels like family. Our award-winning workplace just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the nation, United Wholesale Mortgage. And we believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your professional goals.
Here are some of the reasons you’ll love working here:
- Large, state-of-the-art fitness center with a full-size basketball court, outdoor sand volleyball court, plus Zumba and yoga classes
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician’s office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch, and a dedicated food truck
- Free fruit, soft drinks and coffee
- Convenience store featuring grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and indoor/outdoor café with Wi-Fi
- Escape room designed for team-building activities
- Indoor/outdoor putting greens
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with United Shore is "at-will." United Shore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.