- $80,000 to $95,000 Yearly
Job Type: Regular
Time Type: ☒ Full Time ☐ Part Time
Classification: ☒ Exempt (Salary) ☐ Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Specific Location: Hybrid; Irvine, CA
Reports to Title: Controller
Salary Range: $80,000-$95,000 per year
United Scope is one of the largest worldwide distributors of microscopes and microscope accessories. Based in Irvine, CA, United Scope distributes direct-to-consumers in the US, Canada, and the EU through its AmScope and OMAX brands. United Scope is part of GSI Group Holdings, a portfolio of leading branded laboratory equipment and consumable companies that provide for the scientific, academic, and industrial communities. Our mission is to leverage our unmatched supply chain and industry leading customer service to offer a comprehensive product portfolio of laboratory consumables, benchtop equipment, and accessories at competitive prices.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant with 4+ years of experience in an eCommerce setting whose strengths lie in financial analysis and reporting. In this role, you will be responsible for the financial review and reporting for a portfolio of multiple Business Unit assets and will also assist with cash flow projections, IRR calculations and reporting. As a member of the Accounting team, you will interact with senior management and provide key analytic tools for tracking the performance of the Business Unit portfolio of assets.
Duties include, but are not limited to, maintaining and analyzing accounting records, reviewing monthly and quarterly financial reports, preparing interim and year-end audit work papers, submitting compliance reports, as well as other financial reports to management.
• Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance, which may include reconciling errors, proposing journal entries, and reviewing and researching variance analyses
• Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and alert the Controller if necessary
• Prepare interim and year-end sales/use tax compliance
• Assist in annual year end audit with external auditors
• Provide accurate and timely financial information to other internal departments and under specific deadlines
• Provide regular reporting to Operations regarding revenue and expense trends and metrics, as well as analyze and benchmark performance of assets within the respective Business Unit
• Perform other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4+ years of strong, general, full-cycle accounting experience, preferably in ecommerce
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with flexibility to adapt and adjust on an ad hoc basis, as needed
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Desire to grow professionally and personally
• Team player with a collaborative approach
• Experience in NetSuite software and SAP is preferred, but not required
• Active CPA license preferred
• Ideal candidate will be familiar with multi-site companies
Essential functions of this job require the following minimal physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to frequently work in a stationary position for long periods of time
United Scope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. United Scope does not discriminate on the basis of based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.
United ScopeIrvine, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.