This position with United Radio is an on location position. We are excepting resume from both candidates in the Syracuse, NY and Peachtree City, GA areas. You must be able to travel to the office on a daily basis.
Summary: Ensure the stable and secure operation of the SQL server infrastructure. The SQL Server DBA needs extensive familiarity with data management principles and best practices in order to properly store, migrate, and structure data for multiple applications.
Scope: Responsible for providing operational database services to the Development and BI teams. Primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist in translating business needs and architectural requirements into database requirements.
• Develop database build and deploy standard operating procedures and runbook materials.
• Deploy, maintain and support reliable, secure and scalable databases, SSIS Packages, Analytics and SSRS reporting.
• Assist in-house Development and Business Intelligence teams with "best-practice" use of the database platform for releases and database features.
• Manage and monitor the Development SQL environment to ensure consistency and reset upon agreed change periods.
• Ensure database security standards and best practices are monitored and enforced.
• Participate in team activities to design and maintain data warehouse and relevant data cubes.
• Support business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
• Monitor the enterprise database estate/SQL environment for performance, availability and errors.
• Troubleshoot the database environment as necessary to optimize databases and the SQL server environment while ensuring high-availability and performance.
• Improve operational stability across the database environment while reducing overhead associated with maintenance and support.
• Support day-to-day requests for backups, system recoveries, database configurations, and performance investigations.
• Act as point of escalation, if required, for support calls that may involve database platform issues.
• Ability to scale SQL databases based on an organization’s needs.
• Understands query execution plans and tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
• SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
• Comply with United Radio's policies, procedures, and quality systems.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience.
Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PerfMon, DMVs)
Ability to perform a server-side trace, and how to use the various DMVs and other tools needed to troubleshoot issues when they arise.
Experience in supporting an MS SQL Server environment managing a virtual database infrastructure
Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2012, 2014 and 2016)
Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
We will not pay for any relocation at this time.