Sr. Quality Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sr. Manager, Supplier Quality Development has the responsibility for managing the supplier performance of the suppliers in the Americas region supporting all strategic business units. Position handles leading the team of supplier development & quality engineers to support supply chain continuity and supplier quality performance to serve our internal and external customers. Position will provide leadership in all aspects of supplier quality in close collaboration with the SBU Quality leaders and key stakeholders. Position is responsible for improving our quality policies and standard work across the enterprise working with the SBU and building organizational capability through effective recruiting, coaching and skill development.
- Align with SBU Quality leaders on key priorities, objectives and support to improve supplier performance, quality and process efficiency.
- Manage a team of 8-10 direct reports day-to-day and assist with setting priorities and removing barriers for the team.
- Build functional excellence and organizational capability, in region, by developing commodity/process expertise, through development planning that supports regional business needs.
- Conducts training on supplier policies, procedures and tools as required.
- Servant leadership approach aimed at supporting critical new product development launches, source change projects and supply chain continuity needs within the Supplier quality and development processes.
- Monitors regional supplier metrics (OSA, SPA, DPPM, ICQ, OTD, 9SPS) & addressing performance gaps through defined strategies and recovery plans.
- Leads external reviews related to quality performance at strategic and/or underperforming suppliers.
- Acts as regional escalation point for supplier related quality issues, providing updates to Enterprise and Sector leadership as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains key relationships with other leadership functions in Commodity Management, Operations, Engineering and OPEX.
- Drives process improvements with team internally to compress cycle time, automate and free up more time for team members while maintaining and improving process quality.
- Travels to supplier locations in response to a supplier related quality issue, providing technical leadership and communication back to the Enterprise and Sector businesses.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction with existing and new suppliers.
- Creates a highly engaged and motivated culture to solve problems and achieve annual objectives.
- Travel to TT/Supplier facilities as required supporting the regions quality roadmap.
- Drive improvements to the ETQ/QMS system that are aligned to SBU and enterprise needs and standards and aligned with TT quality strategy.
- Minimum 10 years of Supplier Development Engineering & Quality System management experience
- Bachelors degree
- Experience leading a team
- Experience driving change and process improvements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Servant leader with focus on helping others with a bias for action
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Supplier Quality Systems Management experience in similar industry preferred
- Knowledgeable of industry trends and best practices in Supplier Quality
United Quality Solutions, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at United Quality Solutions, Inc.