United Professional Engineering is seeking a very talented Professional Engineer with a very strong Structural design background to join our team. Our Lake Worth, FL based engineering firm provides Structural Engineering design, building envelope restoration and other related services in the south-east Florida region.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (master’s preferred)
- PE/SE licensed
- 5-10 years’ experience in structural engineering with emphasis on building structures
- 1-2 Years of Building Restoration and/or Forensics Engineering experience
- Knowledge of building fundamentals and design codes and standards such as FBC, ASCE, AISC and ACI
- Familiarity with structural programs such as RISA, RAM, ETABS, ADAPT, SAFE and REVIT
- Strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communications
- Project and staff management experience
- Excellent planning and organizational skills for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Project Management
- Preparation of engineering drawings, specifications, calculations, analytical models, reports and correspondence and Commercial and Industrial design projects. Must be able to take a project from beginning to completion and sign & seal their own drawings, reports, etc.
- Construction Administration phase of projects, including review of shop drawings, submittals, RFI’s and field observation
- Attend internal and external meetings with clients and design team members.
- Conduct forensic investigations to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures.
- Produce specifications for bidding, permitting and construction for building restoration projects.
- Perform field visits and and inspections on design and restoration projects.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within timeframes.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other Engineers.
- Review work of fellow Senior and Staff Engineers.