Sales Account Executive
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
United Pet Care is a rapidly growing leader in the pet healthcare industry. We are a pet insurance alternative with no exclusions, pre-existing conditions, age/breed restrictions, waiting periods, claim forms or denials. We connect thousands of veterinary practices with pet parents from local employer groups via a voluntary benefit offering. UPC has been in business over 20 years and we were recently acquired by a new group of investors who are focused on growth and modernization of technologies! If you are looking for a small company that your career can grow with quickly – look no further!
The Veterinary Account Executive is responsible for growing the company’s network of veterinary partners through new client sales and business development. You will communicate the value proposition of our program to key stakeholders within vet clinics – primarily over the phone, with occasional in-person visits as required by the business. This individual will help drive UPC’s long-term growth by establishing partnerships with clinics, ownership groups and associations in strategic markets.
What you will be accountable for:
- Manage a sales pipeline and making phone calls / emails / other outreach to prospects (lead/contact information provided).
- Present our program and value proposition to prospects via phone/video chat
- Consistently maintain your opportunity pipeline and forward-looking forecasts. Maintain our CRM with accurate customer notes and opportunity information
- Probe for and understand the competitive landscape; effectively communicate our competitive differentiation to prospects and address competitive activity
- Lead enterprise vet partnership efforts (vet chains > 5 locations, consolidators, associations, etc.).
- Drive vet channel / 3rd party partner management strategy
- Maintain and refine a disciplined sales & follow-up process that brings efficiency
- · Coordinate closely with our Employer Sales team to target high-value micro-markets and build our network in places of highest demand
- Attend industry trade shows and association meetings as necessary
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
- Partner with marketing vendors to create and refine sales collateral
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- 2+ years of experience in sales, particularly inside sales – marketing services or veterinary industry experience a plus but not required
- Ability to gain the attention of decision-makers and close sales with a consultative selling approach; ability to influence without authority
- Experience launching a new product or building a book of business a plus
- Understanding of the veterinary market and/or pet industry dynamics a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong nterpersonal skills with ability to quickly establish rapport.
- Confident and effective working both independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent general business and financial acumen; understanding of pricing, ROI, and the financial impact of vet-related products and services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, CRM systems, sales reporting / dashboarding tools, sales sequencing tools. Marketing automation a plus.
- Able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial spirit – high-energy, excited by the prospect of building something and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-based environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% (for trade shows and in-person clinic visits)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We are fast-growing, profitable, and COVID-proof. We are actively adding to our team and can offer substantial opportunities for growth as we continue to expand.
United Pet Care
350 W Washington St. TempeTempe, AZ
BusinessView all jobs at United Pet Care