Project Engineer - Commercial Construction
Here at United Painting Services Inc., we are looking for a highly motivated Commercial Construction Project Engineer to join our growing team!
**Job is located in Charlotte, NC**
**Pay is dependent on experience**
Compensation and benefits:
UPSI offers many traditional benefits including a competitive salary based on experience, paid PTO and holiday, along with potential bonus compensation. Additional benefits include an office with free parking outside of uptown Charlotte traffic, unlimited opportunities based on the impact to company growth and development, the chance to work on exciting and challenging projects in the Commercial Construction Industry. We look forward to being a part of your personal success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project specific document management to ensure each project is updated for accuracy and efficient completion.
- Analyze drawings, specifications and additional documents digitally.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Daily document management to ensure project plans are up to date including changes and bulletins
- Prepare, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects.
- Develop relationships with industry counterparts to improve communication and increase effectiveness.
- Complete Pre-Bid and Pre-Construction activities to ensure compliance with all applicable budget, schedule, document, submittal or training requests.
- Develop relationships with industry counterparts to improve communication and increase effectiveness
- Maintain a lead log and tracking of the win/loss ratios by project type
- Development of change order proposals in coordination with the estimation group.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interacts with field/site management and senior management to develop and implement work processes to promote effectiveness with consistency of results.
- Consults with senior management to review achievements and discuss company goals and objectives.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Develops and implements work processes to promote effectiveness and consistency of results.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecasts data to determine progress toward company goals and objectives.
- Supports site management in root causing and solving issues impacting the company including communicating with customers.
- Maintains quality service by following organizational standards.
- Contributes to overall team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Construction Engineering degree or similar work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to multitask and stay organized.
- Proficient in computers and Microsoft Office (most importantly Excel and Word)
- Ability to read and understand Construction Plans
- Exceptional communication skills
- Reporting Skills
- Ability to use or learn On-Screen Take Off software; experience a plus
Through the years, United Painting Services has earned a reputation as a premier painting and coating contractor, known for our extensive range of capabilities, qualified experience, specialized training and equipment, and superior work force.
Over the past few years, we have expanded our operations to include more commercial, retail, and industrial projects. Regardless of the project size, our philosophy never changes: we get to know our customers and provide exactly what they want and need.
While every painting contractor you'll talk to will promise a great deal, your best and final decision should be based on the contractor's reputation, and the quality of their final product.
With superior craftsmanship second to none, you can count on all the people at United Painting Services to be professional, detail-oriented, clean, reliable, honest, caring, and dependable, as have thousands of others over the past many years.