- Posted: 12 days ago
WE ARE GROWING! United Nissan is seeking a Lube Technician to join our award winning team! Be a part of one of the most successful Nissan dealerships in the United States!
Requires the ability to perform light maintenance and repairs, which include lube, oil, and filter changes, balancing and rotation of tires, and flushing cooling systems and is an entry-level position.
- Performs work outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Sells lubrication, safety inspection, and other related services. Maintains related records on regular customers, following up periodically with telephone, mail, or personal reminders, in conjunction with the CRC Department.
- Checks tire pressure and adds air if needed.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with the service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles.
- Participates in dealership, and manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Inspects and test drives newly delivered vehicles for obvious damage, missing major components, and drivability functions.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customersâ€™ cars are kept clean (NO SMOKING IN ANY VEHICLE!). Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps assigned shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-To- Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to supervisor.
- Visually inspect the vehicle for damage and missing component parts, and immediately report any damage or lost items to management
- Complete the Vehicle Inspection Report, and communicate the findings to managements and/or the customer.
- Perform all repairs and services indicated on the Vehicle Inspection Report and the Repair Estimate. If additional needed repairs and services are discovered, immediately communicate that information to management.
- Visually inspect all tire and wheel assemblies for damage or safety issues; repair all tires from the inside using proper procedures; and report any tire or tube which has been run flat, or which has any damage that would render it unsafe.
- Maintain all personal and company-provided tools and equipment in proper operating condition and report missing or damaged tools and equipment to management.
- Share, recommend, and suggest products, services, equipment or practices which will improve sales, safety, efficiency, or customer satisfaction.
United Nissan of Reno
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?