Elicits and translates business and/or technical needs in to relevant documentation for assigned initiatives/projects. Provides leadership and a collaborative approach to integrate the stakeholders, project team members, and technical service teams involved in solution development related activities. Acts as a driver of collaboration across project and service teams and serves as a liaison for project managers, managers, directors, stakeholders and other leadership as appropriate. This position also regularly contributes to the identification and/or delivery of functional area process improvements.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Drives the gathering, analysis, documentation, and validation of business and / or technical needs using interviews, workshops, user stories, and modeling techniques designed to help UNFI meet its strategic objectives, in accordance with the UNFI methodology
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of assigned functional domains, and their integrations with other functional domains, while analyzing wholesale industry trends and researching functional best practices
- Facilitates groups, to include stakeholders representing diversity in interest and level of leadership, to a common understanding of a solution.
- Develops collaborative relationships with business stakeholders, subject matter experts, functional domain leadership, and other Technical Services disciplines and service teams.
- Identifies, manages, and tracks business and technical needs objectives throughout the project's lifecycle
- Leads project or initiative tasks with relevant team members, stakeholders, and functional domain leadership.
- Identifies, evaluates, and communicates issues and risks, related to business processes to project, IT, and business unit management, developing mitigation strategies in collaboration with business and project team members.
- Leads team building and self-driven skill development through active participation in appropriate training, and mentoring.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and implement those and propagate to the team
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Communications or a related discipline preferred.
- Experience working with Sales, marketing, or HR regarding Employee Engagement desired
- 5-7 years relevant work experience preferred.
- Work experience in IT within retail or supply chain organizations beneficial
Other Skills/ Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate advanced facilitation skills with the ability to drive toward common solutions.
- Demonstrate advanced interviewing, listening, and observational skills used to identify and define business and technical needs.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and conceptual skills used to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, while reconciling discrepancies.
- Demonstrate strong analytical modeling skills (models that clearly and easily communicate concepts to customers).
- Demonstrates effective technical system and business function documentation skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work under the direction of functional managers.
- Demonstrates the ability to bring applicable project aligned groups together and facilitate cross-group issues and potential competing priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to resolve complex problems, obtaining advice from key subject matter experts as needed.
- Possesses advanced leadership and facilitation skills characterized by independent work and driving of results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.