The Account Manager is responsible for sales in assigned geographical area and/or key accounts. They manage, direct, and coordinate all sales plans and programs. The Account Manager will create partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty. They collaborate with their teams to achieve the objective of building out the store.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develops and executes sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profits, market share and minimize expenses.
- Oversees development of new business and servicing of existing accounts.
- Maintains excellent customer relations. Meets or exceeds client expectations and established deadlines.
- Analyzes sales reporting and creates strategies to drive sales.
- Presents complex topics in an engaging manner to business professionals at all levels of an organization.
- Develops new sales opportunities with existing and/or new customer bases.
- Forecasts profit, volume growth and other related goals as determined. Assists with the preparation of a sales budget for assigned accounts.
- Conducts regular reviews of sales activities and effectiveness. Develops promotions and incentives to increase sales and improve performance.
- Develops and oversees technical or product training as needed.
- Represents the Company at trade functions and other events.
- Maintains awareness of the Company's competitive position, industry trends, and the changing business environment.
- Provides focus on strong category management and responds in a timely manner to all opportunities to present new and existing product lines to customers.
- Solicits, accepts and enters customer orders when necessary.
- Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques. Understanding of margin and company profitability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum of two years of sales experience preferred.
- Development and execution of business plans, sales plans, and/or commission programs.
- System implementation preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive new business and close sales.
- Ability to analyze data based on customer needs.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.