Executive Assistant, DIAL
United Nations Foundation Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
The Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL) is a “think, do, replicate” tank that investigates digital transformation best practice at the national, regional, and global level. We combine practical research with evidence-based advocacy to identify which digital efforts work, package them as re-usable solutions, and encourage their use.
DIAL is funded through a collaboration among the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the United Kingdom’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCDO) and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), and hosted within the United Nations Foundation in Washington, D.C.
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide significant operational, logistical, and administrative support to DIAL’s CEO, including overall responsibility for calendar management and scheduling, travel planning and logistics, meeting preparation and execution, and raising the CEO’s visibility on social media. S/he will also support complex organization-wide scheduling for senior leaders or the entire organization where necessary. The EA will be a key member of the DIAL organization and sits within the Programs and Operations team, DIAL’s programmatic, administrative, and operational hub. S/he will report directly to the Senior Director, Finance and Programs Operations and work very closely with the Manager, Programs and Operations to ensure efficient processes and messages are streamlined across the organization. This role maintains a keen awareness of activities happening across the organization to expedite requests for information, scheduling, and coordination.
This role requires an individual that is proactive, discreet, tech-savvy, and deeply passionate about the use of digital technology to improve human outcomes. S/he is able to work under pressure and handle stress.
This position is based with preference to Washington D.C. or Seattle, WA.
Assistance to the CEO (80%)
- Act as the CEO’s “gatekeeper”, facilitating all administrative tasks including scheduling and timely calendar management, tracking, and updating the CEO's projects and deliverables in Smartsheet, planning domestic and international travel, and reconciling and submitting the CEO’s monthly expense report.
- Monitor, prioritize, and follow-up on CEO’s incoming and outgoing emails and letters.
- Schedule and facilitate board-member calls and annual board meeting, manage virtual or in-person logistics, and distribute board meeting materials.
- Transcribe and communicate minutes from board meetings, DIAL senior leads meetings, and other assemblies as directed.
- Assist in the editing and “clean up” of PowerPoint presentations, draft correspondence, and documents on behalf of the CEO, and draft/send correspondence to external partners on CEO’s behalf.
- Maintain CEO’s social media presence and support internal communication efforts.
- Uphold strict confidentiality with sensitive information, financial records, and personnel matters.
Team Operations (20%)
- Schedule and manage logistics for team meetings, senior leadership meetings, and other meetings as assigned, ensuring virtual or in-person venues are prepared, and information communicated to participants well ahead of the meetings.
- Support internal teamwide activities and events as assigned, maintaining a rapport across DIAL; this may include ordering meals, arranging meeting rooms and greeting guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of skills assessments during the recruitment process required.
- Bachelor’s degree, business/management field, or International Relations preferred.
- 1-2 years' administrative experience required.
- Independent judgment, and execution of operational functions
- Some experience booking travel, organizing group meetings, following expense guidelines, and tracking expenses
- Knowledge of the international nonprofit sector is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong drafting ability and attention to detail, required
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to learn new software tools as needed
- High degree of professionalism in dealing and communicating with diverse groups of people, including board members, senior government officials, donor organizations, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity, and discretion at all times
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment within limited timeframes
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team, within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities
- This position is based with preference to Washington D.C. or Seattle, WA
- A skill assessment is part of the interview process
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR
United Nations Foundation
BusinessView all jobs at United Nations Foundation