Coordinator, Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Expired: August 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Coordinator is an integral member of the Strategic Planning and Implementation team and will provide general administration and operational support to the team, as well as assisting on Pan-Foundation partnerships and projects to improve operational effectiveness. In addition, the Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Strategic Planning & Implementation team for the Annual Business Planning and Risk Management processes as well Pan-Foundation projects and initiatives. The Coordinator will support strategic and tactical analysis spanning financial, operational and performance management issues across UNF campaigns, alliances, and initiatives. S/he will support strategic initiatives, operational process improvement, new business evaluation and organization wide strategy.
The Coordinator, Strategic Planning and Implementation reports to the Senior Officer, Incubating Initiatives & Special Projects, Strategic Planning & Implementation and works in tandem with others within the Strategic Planning & Implementation team, as well as with other internal and external stakeholders as needed.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. (Hybrid schedule)
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Strategic Planning & Implementation (SP&I) team, including but not limited to maintaining spreadsheets, scheduling meetings, reserving meeting rooms, preparing materials, notetaking, supporting file management, preparing travel and expense reports, and managing contract and payment processes as the SP&I team supports on Pan-Foundation projects, initiatives, and funded activities
- Provide support facilitating strategic planning sessions by managing day of operations, recording, and sharing session notes, and assisting SP&I facilitators as needed
- Support UNF’s Annual Business Planning and Risk Management processes, including liaising between various program teams to ensure deadlines are met, tracking files as received, updating templates regularly, and organizing and maintaining filing systems for accurate version control
- Support UNF’s Due Diligence process by conducting research on potential Pan-Foundation partners and reviewing research conducted by teams and initiatives
- Support SP&I team in conducting primary and secondary research as well as key analytical tasks
- Assist the SP&I team by leading and executing on key team initiatives and events as directed.
- Draft contracts, agreements, memos, letters, emails, and general correspondence on behalf of the team
- Coordinate calendars and travel arrangements for SP&I team members as needed
- Supporting team community via social elements and onboarding welcomes, as needed by supervisor and team leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Drafts and reviews agreements and maintains an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consults with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed. (As applicable to the role)
- Attends training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures. (As applicable to the role)
- Maintains strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information, and prepare reports. (As applicable to the role)
- Bachelor's degree required, with demonstrated success in analytical courses
- A minimum of one year of work experience
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Salesforce and SharePoint platforms a plus
- Ability to take initiative, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable carrying out multiple tasks on different projects and assignments
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of organizations and with a wide variety of functional expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to listen
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, the ideal candidate will be comfortable with seeking out new tasks and take initiative
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Continuous learning skills and the ability to synthesize information
- Demonstrated discretion with sensitive organizational information and strategic
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail and deadlines
- Team player that is interested in being part of a highly functioning, fast-paced group of professionals, is dependable, consistent, and anticipates team needs
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance / tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
United Nations Foundation
TechnologyView all jobs at United Nations Foundation