Director, Communications and Brand Reputation
***This role is based out of Atlanta Metro - Denver Metro - or Dallas/Ft Worth Metro ***
United Musculoskeletal Partners (UMP) is a private equity backed management services organization (MSO) that supports orthopedic practices across the United States. Founded in December of 2021 by Resurgens Orthopaedics, we have already partnered with eight practices in three states with over 250 orthopedic surgeons, and have a robust pipeline of potential new practice partnerships. We are on a mission to improve quality, access and convenience of orthopedic care for all!
The Marketing, Communications and Business Development approach is evolving from practice-specific teams to a shared service model that will support all practices with shared strategies, best practices and resources.
UMP is seeking a Communications leader that will develop and nurture a cohesive communications department and strategy for the organization. The remit will include external communications, internal communications and brand reputation. We are excited to realize the benefit of a communications function and anticipate that we will scale this function quickly, however it is important that the incoming leader be prepared to both build strategy as well as have a hands on role in executing it.Requirements:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
As a key member of the marketing team, the Communications leader will:
· Develop a communications strategy that supports the company’s short and long-term goals
· Structure and deploy communications resources to all practices in alignment with a shared services model
· Partner with other marketing leaders to fully integrate the communications strategy into the overall marketing approach
· Demonstrate and evangelize the value of the communications function to market and physician leaders
· Onboard and transition new practices to the UMP platform; managing the ramp up and optimization of practices in a way that does not interrupt business delivery
· Be a visible leader and collaborator at the Practice Support Center and at the Practices. This is a hybrid role with the expectation of spending at least three days a week in a UMP office
· Develop a brand narrative and content pillars that are aligned with UMP’s Mission, Vision and Values, as well as our national and local communications objectives
· Create, direct and execute a media relations strategy; conduct press training for key business and physician leaders
· Develop and execute an executive visibility strategy for select MSO, Market and Physician leaders
· Develop and execute organic social content strategies for B2B and B2C audiences
· Create launch packages for new practice partners as well as key initiatives including pitch proposals, press releases and press interviews
· Develop and coach executives to deliver presentations at industry and investor functions
· Identify and implement an internal comms platform to include channels such as email, text, and intranet that reach all UMP physicians and team members
· Partner with cross-functional leaders to create and execute an editorial calendar for internal communications to all team members including town halls, newsletters, initiative launches, ad hoc news alerts, etc.
· Develop a shareholder communication strategy that successfully creates a two-way dialogue with UMP physician partners
· Partner with digital marketing team to create, deploy and manage an online brand reputation strategy that includes review solicitation, NPS surveying and other customer surveys and aligns all UMP practices
· Manage and mitigate positive and negative inputs received and partner cross-functionally to flag root causes; develop strategies and tactics that can be deployed at the physician, location or practice-levels to improve online reputation
· 12+ years’ experience in external communications or internal communications, with at least 3 in a healthcare business
· Strong writing skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts and news in simple and straightforward language
· High analytical acumen and data-driven approach; appreciation for how data can be used to tell stories, support hypotheses, improve ideas, and influence programs (<3 your data)
· Ability to deliver and thrive with multiple priorities and amidst ambiguity and shifting realities
· Track record of collaborating and supporting cross-functional teams to deliver business outcomes (no silos)
· A client service mentality – you understand that we exist to support and deliver for the practices that are part of UMP and model this to your team
· Passion and infectious enthusiasm for marketing as a key growth driver
United Musculoskeletal PartnersAtlanta, GA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.