Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
United Methodist Retirement Communities & Porter Hills Grand Rapids, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Porter Hills Village Health and Rehabilitation Center,located in Grand Rapids, Michigan,is currently seeking a qualified and compassionateCertified Nurse Assistant(CNA) to workPart Time Nights (Weekend Only, 6:30PM-6:30AM).
Porter Hills Village is a CCRC located on 35 beautiful acres, offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing & Rehab! We have a 5 STAR RATING!
What You Can Expect:
UMRC& Porter Hillsacknowledges the commitment and skill of our employees by offering the following Benefits & Perks:
- Affordable and layered benefit plans for individuals hired for 30+ hours/week
- Voluntary benefit options (including Life Insurance) for team members hired for 16-29 hours/week
- Retirement Savings Plan with potential Company match
- Wellness Reimbursement Plan
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off: 6 Paid Holidays/year PLUS a Paid Floating Holiday & Paid Birthday Holiday!
- DailyPay option allows for next-day paycheck
- Employee Discounted Lunch choices, WheelsToWork... and more!
Who We Are:
UMRC & Porter Hills is a non-profit, faith-based leader in providing high-quality residential and support services to older adults, currently serving over 6,700 older Michigan adults annually across 22 counties in the lower peninsula! As trusted senior care experts, we are committed to promoting the wellness, dignity and independence of older adults with grace. UMRC & Porter Hills, with a combined service history of more than 160 years, provides for the current needs of older adults and their families with innovative and compassionate solutions, built upon our strong foundation of experience and integrity.
What You Will Do Here:
The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)in this role supports the mission of UMRC & Porter Hills by:
- Performs patient care activities and other tasks as assigned to assist the primary care, therapy, and health staff
- Personal care functions including bathing, skin care, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene and dressing
- Feeding residents
- Turning and positioning residents
- Measuring and recording intake and output
- Weighing residents
- Proper transfer techniques Demonstrates appropriate knowledge for safe use of medical equipment
- Keep residents rooms clean and supplied
- Make and change beds
- Answer call lights and take appropriate action
- Collect and label specimens (urine, stool, sputum)
- Measure and record vital signs, weights and report variations in vital signs to the nurse
- Immediately report any changes in residents condition or incidents to the nurse
- Participate in care conferences with other members of the team as appropriate Maintains confidentiality in relation to all residents, healthcare staff and documentation in accordance with policy and state regulations
- Maintains and enhances skill through attending appropriate training
What You'll Need to be Successful:
- Commitment to the wellness, dignity and independence of older adults
- Attitude of teamwork, compassion, grace and excellence
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a direct care role is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be currently certified as a Certified Nurse Aide and have proof of eligibility to work as a CNA in the State of Michigan (Prometric certificate).
- CPR certification is required (can be obtained upon hire)
UMRC & Porter Hills is a federally funded program through CMS and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Resident and Participant Rights. UMRC, INC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.