United Medical Rehabilitation Hospitals Gretna, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45 to $55 Hourly
JOB TITLE: Occupational Therapist
REPORTS TO: Lead Therapist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB OVERVIEW: Provides and directs Occupational Therapy Services to patients, including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation, and communication. Functions under physician’s orders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides Occupational Therapy services to patients in accordance with Occupational Therapy Department procedures.
- Evaluates patients to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients, family, and other team members.
- Establishes individual patient schedules in conjunction with other team members
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including short- and long-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family and other team members.
- Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment plan.
- Monitors patient’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the client in their own environment.
- Documents results of patient assessment, treatment, follow-up, and termination of services.
- Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the patient.
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices, orthotics or prosthetics. Trains patient, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Supervises and directs COTAs in the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Supervises students and volunteers
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual occupational therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Participates in patient, family, and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members, including nursing department team members, in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the patient
- Adheres to Occupational Therapy Department procedures regarding documentation of Occupational Therapy services.
- Attend in-service meetings and facility meetings as required.
- Provides in-service education to the members of the patient’s care team and education to the community.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
- Records billable treatment times according to Occupational Therapy Department procedures.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice and department procedures.
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of patient therapy programs
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, patients, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance Program as required.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Meets academic requirements as an Occupational Therapist.
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination for Registered Occupational Therapist
- Current BCLS Certification
- Current Louisiana licensure
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
I-Position is considered to have opportunity for routine exposure to blood borne pathogens in the normal performance of job duties.
II- Position is considered to have occasional opportunity for exposure to blood borne pathogens in the normal performance of job duties.
III-Position is considered to have no occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens in the normal performance of job duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit with intermittent standing, walking, crouching. Requires use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. May require occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds.
A review of this position description may have excluded some of the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisors.
I acknowledge that my employment relationship with United Medical Rehabilitation Hospital, unless otherwise provided in writing, shall be defined as “employment at will”, where either party may dissolve the relationship at any time.
I have reviewed this job description and understand that it is my responsibility to perform up to the high standards set forth by United Medical Rehabilitation Hospital.
Employee Signature: _________________________________
UNITED MEDICAL REHABILITATION HOSPITALS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
United Medical Rehabilitation HospitalsWhy Work Here?
Awesome staff who truly work together as a team. Great benefits. Room for advancement.
3201 Wall BlvdGretna, LA
HealthcareView all jobs at United Medical Rehabilitation Hospitals