The Part-Time Inside Sales Representative is a sales position dedicated to developing, maintaining and expanding relationships by way of building relationships with clients during showroom visits. This position will also be responsible for supporting client material selection, creating orders and inputting customer information into the system. This position requires participation in daily functions such as supporting customer service, answering phones and assisting the warehouse team. This role requires an employee who is eager to drive sales along with the ability to lead customers to the product they are looking for. This position requires following all safety procedures in day-to-day work along with communicating to customers the safety rules in the warehouse.
· Engage customers through friendly and professional communications
· Assist customers throughout the showroom and warehouse in finding materials
· Identify opportunities for UMI to improve in customer relations and experience
· Maintain an organized showroom and make sure all displays are up to date and in order
· Communicate with customers to gauge their demands and their wishes for materials
· Develop relationship with clients to ensure that we deliver a world class experience
· Develop action plan to drive new client accounts and account growth within existing accounts.
· Responsible for daily participation in general housekeeping of the showroom and office areas.
· Input customer information along with new orders
· Set up appointments with incoming customers to maintain organization
· Keep up to date on customer accounts and customers’ orders
· Confirm orders are input into the system correctly and materials are available in the branch
· Receive calls and work within the system on a daily basis
REQUIREMENTS/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Detail oriented and highly organized with a developed customer focused sales personality.
· Diploma/GED with a proven track record of at least 3 years of experience in stone sales and/or design.
· Requires excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
· Experience in sales, customer service, and other customer-oriented fields is preferred.
· Ability to occasionally work hours on the weekend
· We are a drug-free work place and an EEO Employer
· Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
· Positive Attitude – Friendly, Respectful, Professional, Energetic
· Communication Skills – Verbal Communication, Listening, Negotiation
· Teamwork – Cooperation, Collaborative, Customer Service, Interpersonal Skills, Flexible
· Work Ethic – Multi-tasking, Organization, Goal-Oriented, Driven, Adaptable
· Organization – Time-management, Strategic Planning, Scheduling
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Ability to work inside and outside in both climate controlled and non-climate-controlled environments.
· Business/professional dress attire.
· Must be able to be on feet most of the day walking customers around the showroom as well as the warehouse.
· Ability to safely lift up to 25 lbs.