Compliance & Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
Founded in 1998 United Legwear & Apparel Co. (ULAC) is a global designer, manufacturer and distributor of socks, legwear, sportswear, bodywear, and accessories. As one of the leading resources in the industry, ULAC offers a full range of apparel, from newborn/toddler sizes through teens and adults.
United Legwear & Apparel Co. has assembled a team of experienced professionals with like priorities all working together to make the company the very best in the business. Whether in sales, finance, planning, licensing, or shipping, the goal is always customer satisfaction and superior product.
INNOVATION, DESIGN AND MERCHANDISING
Our design and merchandising teams have expertise in identifying emerging trends, fashions, and consumer desires. We also understand the essence of a brand and translate each brand’s DNA while creating apparel and accessories with the most advanced fabrics and yarns and designing items for sport/performance needs and lifestyle. It is the company goal to deliver the best quality goods and the most innovative products within a category.
The company as a whole works at a very fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with tight deadlines, collaboration and camaraderie. The entire company is very tight knit. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a quirky sense of humor, and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time, and are looking for someone who can do the same.
Compliance & Quality Assurance Coordinator
The Compliance and Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for coordinating daily communication between
Factories/Suppliers and internal related departments to ensure factory compliance and customers/brands product quality expectations (Testing and inspection) are met.
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to):
- Provide support onboarding and setting up New Factories/ Suppliers.
- Ongoing assurance of Factories/Supplier’s adherence to different Brands/Retailers/Customers Social &
- Environmental compliance, Security Audit and Quality audit.
- Proactively work with Factories/Supplier on remediation plans to improve factory’s compliance rating.
- Communication daily with Factories/Suppliers to request required regulatory and performance testing for
- Softlines product.
- Evaluation of testing reports for Softlines product.
- Manage and resolve testing failures and non-compliance with Factories/Suppliers and Retailers.
- Ensure testing requirements for major retailers.
- Maintain documentation and update testing status on internal systems.
- Communicate potential issues to cross function teams.
- Issue General Conformity Certificate to suppliers upon receipt of all required passing test reports.
- Coordinate with 3rd party testing lab and audit firm to finalize testing protocols, reviewing testing charges and audit programs.
- Good understanding of Apparel sustainability initiatives, For example: Higg Index, GRS, RCS, GOTS, etc.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management in support of the company needs and operations
- Associates or bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university preferred
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in some capacity associated with apparel production, product testing and/or factory compliance.
- Knowledge of US federal and state safety regulations for apparel, including CPSC, CPSIA, and CA Prop65.
- Experience with testing programs and factory compliance of major retailers, including Walmart, Costco,
- Kohls, a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
Salary : $60,000 - $70,000
United Legwear & Apparel Company is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we do not currently sponsor visas.
Powered by JazzHR
United Legwear and Apparel Company
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at United Legwear and Apparel Company