Engineering, Global Lead
United Language Group Inc Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
The Global Engineering Lead works with the Regional Operations Leads, the Regional Team Leads and the Global Shared Services Director to position resources, both people and equipment/systems, to meet a variety of client needs, including quality and response time, in a cost competitive manner. The document engineering/localization resources support the CAT tool processing, optimization and subsequent testing of document and software files during the translation/localization process. The position requires strong leadership skills, planning skills, the ability to motivate teams and to execute plans across globally diverse sites.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation of appropriate solutions to deliver Document Engineering services to the global operations teams within agreed SLAs.
- Drive communication, development planning and performance management of team
- Create Document Engineering metrics/KPI’s to drive evaluation and controls
- Act as functional strategist in developing global Document Engineering strategies to maximize efficiencies
- Ensure Global Document Engineering resources are efficiently and effectively managed to support delivery of current and new projects; includes project costs, timeline, outsourcing needs, etc.
- Ensure Global Document Engineering resources meet all corporate and legal, regional requirements
- Collaborate with PM to manage service recovery situations; identify service failures and implement recovery plans
- Ensure Global Engineering and Localisation teams maintain corporate and legal compliance, quality standards, training requirements and company SOPs
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested
Education, Experience + Skills
- BA/BS in Graphic Design, Data Processing, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 – 7 years of experience in translation and/or localization, ideally with direct experience with CAT tools
- Knowledge of current document review and document comparison tools used in the translation/localization space
- 3 years’ project management experience; solid grasp on current translation technology solutions including a knowledge of Acrobat, Articulate, InDesign, Flare, Framemaker
- Understanding of programming languages and the localisation of XML, HTML, and DITA based content
- Work under general direction independently, initiating & innovating new programs, unit growth, development & change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
United Language Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. United Language Group prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and any other protected class status under applicable federal and applicable state law.
United Language Group Inc
EngineeringView all jobs at United Language Group Inc