* CDL Flatbed Operator
- $24 to $28 Hourly
United Land Services (ULS) is a full-service landscaping Company. At United, we offer an all-inclusive suite of commercial landscape installation and maintenance services, including but not limited to landscape design and maintenance, irrigation systems, hardscapes, and outdoor lighting. Whether a single-family home development, condominium complex, commercial building, or shopping center, we handle it all.
This position is responsible for ensuring the safe and timely delivery of landscaping work products for our installation crews to include sod, pavers, trees, or similar type materials. This position may be tiered based on years of experience and/or education based on management's discretion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates assigned vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follows all safety and traffic rules, strictly adhering to delivery schedules.
- Programs assigned delivery routes to technology devices prior to moving vehicle.
- Remains diligent and immediately reports unsafe road conditions, obstructions, unusual traffic, weather to manager or designated scheduling coordinator.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing company provided vehicle inspection list.
- Immediately notifies manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Communicates all customer requests back to manager or assigned scheduling coordinator.
- Ensures customer property and or/delivery site is swept and left tidy following delivery.
- Operates a skid steer or other similar loading/unloading device to complete the scheduled order.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- No direct reports.
- Ensures vehicle operational compliance with all DOT/OSHA/Company applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures – including all interstate and local traffic enforcement laws.
- Meets DOT regulations and guidelines pertaining to the physical qualifications for commercial drivers.
- Responsible for completing all training classes and seminars, at management’s discretion.
Twenty-one years of age or older and currently holds a valid Florida CDL Class A license with a high school diploma or equivalency and a minimum of five years progressive CDL driving experience. Prior experience with delivering sod, trees, and or landscaping materials is preferred with added skid steer experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism, always.
- Ability to read comprehend and write in the English language and perform simple mathematical calculations with the mental ability to handle receipts read maps and road signs and maintain logs.
- Ability to see and judge a variety of object distances and traffic patterns.
- Ability to quickly respond to objects and traffic patterns.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass alcohol and drug tests.
- Ability to sit and travel for extended periods of time.
- Ability to properly and safely use a skid steer or similar loading/unloading device following proper training.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to maintain a positive image as a representative of ULS’s employee base.
Ability to sit for long periods of time and perform repetitive motion through the course of driving a motor vehicle. Will periodically be required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements for portions of the workday when driving is not required.
Adhere to all OSHA and Federal/State DOT requirements. Long pants and work boots required. Uniform shirts will be provided.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This can include heavy to moderate noise, extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, proximity to electrical energy, exposure to tools and machines used in construction.
United Land Services Field Operations Careers
3938 State Road 16 WestGreen Cove Springs, FL
Transportation and StorageView All United Land Services Field Operations Careers Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.