- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
United Heritage Life Insurance Company, a Meridian, Idaho Company, is looking for a dedicated and experienced Accounting Assistant to join our awesome accounting team. We process high volumes of transactions for our life insurance and property & casualty companies. As part of our team, you will apply premium payments and perform policy maintenance. Our ideal candidate is a motivated and independent problem-solver who can collaborate effectively on larger teams and possesses accurate data entry skills with an eye for detail.
United Heritage Life Insurance Company is an established and growing company. We offer a flexible environment and pride ourselves on a culture of innovation and inclusion. Our company offers our team members career opportunities, professional development, and opportunities to give back to the communities we serve. Our competitive compensation and benefit package includes a 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting, profit sharing, company paid disability, paid parental leave, a volunteer day, a floating holiday and up to 11.5 paid holidays and PTO. Our standard full-time work week is 37.25 hours/week – we close at 3:00 on Fridays to kick off the weekend! United Heritage firmly believes in supporting employees and our community; we actively support local charitable agencies and make sustainability and social responsibility a priority.
This position has a starting rate at a minimum of $20.00 an hour, eligible for healthcare, dental, and vision benefits on day one and a new hire mentor program to support a successful onboarding experience!
All employees will be subject to a criminal and credit background check as a requirement of employment.
California residents, click here to view our CCPA Privacy Notice at Collection.
This position will provide certain daily maintenance of our Life and Property & Casualty companies’ policy accounts to assist in exceeding our agents and policyholder expectations. In addition, with successful completion of this position’s primary responsibilities by a high performing candidate, this position may be asked assist in additional new projects and responsibilities that arise due to dynamic and exciting internal and external changes in the insurance industry and at our companies.
- Apply daily premium deposits to policies; deposit checks through Desktop Deposit.
- Verify daily premium reports.
- Maintain policy changes.
- Process policy loans, surrenders and withdrawals, including calculating loan values.
- Prepare, verify, and distribute billings and notices to policyholders.
- Reconcile and distribute annual insurance information statements to policyholders and agents.
- Generate change records for weekly Life policies lapse report.
- Review Automatic Premium Loan and Extended Term Insurance calculations.
- Review policy loan calculations.
- Process policy terminations.
- Process change records for policy pending cancellations.
- Open daily incoming mail.
- Provide backup at Reception Desk.
- Perform research for payment items with missing data; resolve and apply as appropriate.
- Provide backup for other Accounting activities, as needed and if time permits.
- Perform other research as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). Associates degree or related technical training a plus. May require some job-related course work.
- General computer skills, including a working knowledge of Excel. Ability to learn company specific software.
- Conscientious, detail oriented.
- Organization skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays a good-natured, cooperative attitude and is pleasant with others on the job.
- Previous experience with processing accounting and annuity transactions preferred.
United Heritage Insurance
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at United Heritage Insurance