- Posted: over a month ago
On our team, you can expect competitive pay including a comprehensive and generous benefits and PTO package. In addition, you'll be provided with ongoing training and career growth opportunities. Our team is located at our new HQ building in North Austin by the 183/Oak Knoll exit (Riata Trace) and offers amenities such as a fitness center, yoga room, free breakfast or lunch on Thursdays (e.g. FOOD TRUCKS!!), outdoor dining area and café with a micro market.
We are looking for a skilled Programmer Analyst to provide report writing, programming and operational support for core internal applications, as assigned, as well as provide quality customer service to all end users and vendors. Under the direction of the Vice President of Information Services/Core Services, the Programmer Analyst consults with internal end users to develop new programming systems in order to enhance departmental efficiencies. In this role, you will work with the end users to identify current operating procedures and will clarify future program objectives.
In this role at UHCU you will:
- Work with end users/business owners to evaluate, develop, test and maintain programs that meet the end user's requirements while maintaining proper programming practices, using the core system and other software, as necessary.
- Maintain a detailed project plan to monitor and track programming progress to analyze and ensure successful completion of short and long-term project goals.
- Support end users with various aspects of program testing to ensure proper program configuration and functionality.
- Test and debug custom programming that was developed on the core systems or other software in a timely manner.
- Create custom reports and maintain interactive forms, using the core system and other programming software, that meet the end user's requirements.
- Troubleshoot existing, custom programming or reports on the core system by reviewing the existing code and making recommended changes in order to maximize quality.
- Provide support and system administration for IS systems such as Synergy, OpCon, Image Center, and Episys.
- Synergy - Perform administrative tasks, such as adding new document types or any maintenance task that would require indexing, refiling, or deleting documents.
- OpCon - Create new schedules/jobs utilizing automation software, troubleshoot any jobs that fail and perform corrective action, as necessary.
- Image Center - Create new automated jobs and complete any parameter maintenance within the check processing software.
- Episys (Symitar) - Understand how jobs are created within Episys in order to set up automation in OpCon; troubleshoot jobs that malfunction in OpCon to understand how they relate to the Core System (Episys).
- Assist with software releases and system upgrades by testing standard daily tasks against the software update and document any changes and/or failures.
- Conduct research to resolve programming or data quality issues. Work independently or with other staff to solve data-related challenges and explore solutions for improvements. Make recommendations for improvements, as necessary.
- Responsible for keeping the VP of Information Services/Core Services up to date on matters affecting work progress within the department and any matters affecting other departments.
- Provide quality customer service to all end users and vendors, as well as comply with necessary deadlines.
- Accredited Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field, or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated experience working with programming operating systems and software.
- Experience with custom report writing and creation for multiple end users.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise programming requirements documentation.
- Understanding of MS Office Suite with advanced technical and computer skills; ability to navigate quickly and accurately within various computer programs.
- 5+ years of demonstrated programming experience with progressive responsibilities related to working with end users to analyze, develop, implement and provide support for organizational programming applications and tools.
- Working knowledge of APIs.
- Proficiency with Episys Quest (Symitar) and utilization of Symitar Proprietary language preferred.
- Experience working with databases and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in a banking or credit union setting with in-depth knowledge of financial products and services.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
About United Heritage Credit Union:
The Credit Union was established in 1957 as an Austin-based credit union, and over 65 years later we continue to serve communities in Central Texas, Austin and Tyler communities, as well as those that live in the rest of Texas through TXCC membership. Through innovative technology, exemplary service standards and competitive products, United Heritage continues to be a strong force in the credit union industry. UHCU has over $1.4 billion in assets, more than 74,000 members, 11 branch locations, and approximately 270 employees. We are a full-service financial institution whose vision is "To be your primary financial institution." Being part of our credit union means being part of our community.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401(k) options (Pre-Tax and/or Roth)
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education Reimbursement Program
Important Note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at UHCU may include phone interviews, as well as 1st & 2nd round interviews. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates whom we identify as a potential fit. We will be sure to contact you if that is the case!
United Heritage Credit Union
TechnologyView all jobs at United Heritage Credit Union