Compliance Manager/BSA Officer
United Heritage Credit Union Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Compliance Manager to lead our 6-person diverse, passionate and purpose-driven Compliance Team. As a Compliance Manager, you'll have a broad range of responsibilities as you provide support, subject matter expertise, and develop effective regulatory compliance controls, monitoring/testing, risk management, program governance, and process improvements. You will manage, lead and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Risk department in the following areas: compliance management, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) management, account and loan quality control reviews, transaction account analysis, and high risk account Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD).
Under the direction of the Vice President of Compliance, the Compliance Manager will support and promote UHCU initiatives and compliance with federal, state and other regulatory standards by providing a wide variety of highly responsible and complex administrative services in accordance with the mission and purpose of the organization. As the BSA Officer, this position is responsible for implementing, administering, and maintaining all aspects of the BSA/AML program in conjunction with the VP of Compliance.
How You'll Contribute:
- Oversee the credit union's Member Identification Program (MIP), Member Due Diligence (MDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) for members. Review cases for suspicious activity and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) when appropriate.
- Manage systems and monitor controls in place to ensure compliance and prompt reporting of compliance exceptions with recommendations to VP Compliance. Responsible for assisting the VP Compliance in developing and monitoring risk-based programs to identify, assess and mitigate operational and compliance risks.
- Provide support, input, feedback to staff and management concerning compliance and regulatory factors. Work with the Learning and Development department on the required annual compliance training for all departments.
- Oversee the review of criminal subpoenas and partner with state and/or federal law enforcement as needed. Build collaborative relationships with law enforcement agencies, other financial institutions and networking groups.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of pending/regulatory compliance issues. Attend compliance schools and information sessions to strengthen knowledge and skills in compliance requirements.
- Review, develop and update compliance related materials in policies, procedures, products, services, programs, forms and disclosures.
- Maintain oversight of third party relationships for the Risk department. Responsible for managing all BSA/AML related service vendors utilizing appropriate vendor management software. Includes contract management and vendor due diligence.
- Responsible for development and preparation of various compliance reports, including periodic management and board reporting and presentations.
- Provide direction and leadership to staff. Train and coach staff through individual development plans, mentoring and performance review. Recognize staff by interpreting feedback, reinforcing positive skills and identifying areas of improvement. Perform necessary personnel actions such as interviewing, hiring, transfer, promotions, disciplinary actions and terminations in consultation with management.
- Accredited Bachelor's degree in a related field required, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum 5 years of compliance related experience in financial services operations including significant analytical experience and knowledge of techniques used to mitigate money laundering.
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing direct reports including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
- Progressive experience with BSA/AML regulations, including experience in financial services operations, compliance, or fraud investigations.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations relating to credit union fraud and transaction disputes.
- Experience working with AML/Fraud technology and platforms used in authentication and money movement risk solutions.
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer (NCCO) or BSA ACAMS certification.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
About United Heritage Credit Union:
The Credit Union was established in 1957 as an Austin-based credit union, and over 60 years later we continue to serve communities in 18 counties, as well as those that live in the rest of Texas through TXCC membership. Through innovative technology, exemplary service standards and competitive products, United Heritage continues to be a strong force in the credit union industry. UHCU has over $1 billion in assets, more than 64,000 members, 11 locations, and approximately 245 employees. We are a full-service financial institution whose vision is "To Be the Financial Institution of Choice." Our team members voted us as one of the Austin-American Statesman's Top Workplaces for six consecutive years. Being part of our credit union means being part of our community.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401(k) options (Pre-Tax and/or Roth)
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education Reimbursement Program
Important Note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at UHCU may include phone interviews, as well as 1st & 2nd round interviews. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates whom we identify as a potential fit. We will be sure to contact you if that is the case!
United Heritage Credit Union
BusinessView all jobs at United Heritage Credit Union