Location: California, Utah, Hawaii
Reports To: Field Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Inspect and observe various types of construction work to evaluate procedures and materials for compliance with approved project documents, including pertinent plans and specifications.
WORK SCHEDULE: Hours are flexible, according to work scheduled and availability. Work schedules generally run between 7:00am and 3:30pm. Work outside this time frame is common and unanticipated. Employee will maintain hours as necessitated by workload. Overtime is allowed in this position, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Observe work in progress to ensure that procedures followed and materials utilized conform to contract documents and applicable codes; examine finished work to ensure compliance with regulations governing construction; maintain daily log of construction and inspection activities; prepare related reports and records; prepare related reports and records; prepare samples of soil or other approved or unapproved materials for testing; interpret blueprints and specifications; perform calculations relative to inspection requirements. Other duties are required as assigned by management.
· Must have an inspector's certificate(s) applicable to your area of expertise.
· Knowledge of state and local building codes, ordinances, and regulations
· Ability to calculating functions of rectangles, triangles, circles, volumes, weights, lengths, percents, fractions, and decimals
· Understanding of building mode standards, terminology, and construction methods
· Familiar with occupational health and safety standards; inspection methods and procedures
· Must be able to read and interpreting construction plans and specifications, permit requirements, special provisions, memorandums, and test reports
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a willingness to use your own transportation in the course of performing required duties.
Consolidated Engineering Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer