Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 13 weeks assignment
Shift timing: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (Includes a 30 min break)
Provides professional nursing care and coordinates the delivery of oncology treatments, often in intensive care conditions, to assigned patients in a medical oncology facility, ensuring adherence to hospital or department and University policies, and nursing procedures, standards, and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct nursing care for specified patients, including appropriate supportive care and administration of chemotherapy, blood components, fluid and electrolyte replacements, and other oncology treatments as prescribed.
- Performs nursing assessments and triage of patient care needs for new and ongoing patients.
- Provides education to patients, families, and significant others; acts as an information resource to students, health care professionals, patients, and the public.
- Provides family support as required, including applicable referrals and bereavement counseling.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- May train and guide other nursing and support staff engaged in clinical activities; may participate in research and related activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- CA RN license,
- Adult Outpatient Infusion RN, must have Ambulatory Oncology/Infusion experience.
- AHA BLS, Chemo Biotherapy Cert required.
- Experience in a Teaching Hospital/Academic; RN of at least 2 years;
United Health Systems