RN - Intensive Care Unit ICU - Crisis Pay Rates
United Health Systems Albuquerque, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
- Openings - 05
- Crisis Need
- As an Intensive Care Registered Nurse, you will be highly trained to treat patients who have suffered strokes, heart attacks, or undergone invasive surgery. You will perform a range of tasks including performing diagnostic tests, conducting follow-up visits, monitoring patient recovery, and responding to medical emergencies. In addition to having a highly-analytical mindset, our ideal candidate will also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE ICU REGISTERED NURSE:
- Assesses patient’s condition and nursing needs.
- Identifies goals through the care planning process.
- Identifies appropriate nursing actions to meet care-planning goals with regards to the patient’s holistic needs.
- Exhibits age-appropriate competencies: newborn, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Answers call lights promptly.
- Upon completion of all nursing interventions, documents accurately and thoroughly in the appropriate area of the patient record in accordance to organization policy.
- Reports changes in patient condition or pertinent observations to the appropriate physician and/or other members of the healthcare team.
- Actively participates in patient/family education and the discharge planning process.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures, including the insertion of invasive lines.
- Participates in the orientation of new personnel.
- Assists with and/or initiates emergency measures appropriately.
- Participates in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement.
- Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Responsible for being able to interpret cardiac rhythms.
- Responsible for providing care for patients on mechanical ventilation.
- Maintains current BLS, ACLS, PALS certification.
- Completes all annual required educational competencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service training.
- Ability to initiate and titrate IV medications.
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent And Degree from an Accredited Nursing Program
- Current State RN Licensure, BLS, ACLS, PALS certification required
- Previous ICU nursing experience preferred.