Physical Therapist Assistant-PTA-(Per Diem)
United Health Systems
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Physical Therapist Assistant - PTA - Travel
Location: Pacifica, California
Duration-Per Diem(Flexible Schedule)
Pay-Best Rates Available
- As a traveling PTA you travels to different locations around the country for work. As a PTA, you work under the supervision of a physical therapist to provide care for patients in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and physical therapy practices. As a traveling PTA, you fulfill those same duties, but instead of being based at one location, you will travel and work at various offices for periods of eight to twelve weeks. Because you need to manage multiple appointment schedules, organizational skills are vital in this career.
- Physical therapist assistants work under the direction and supervision of physical therapists. They help patients who are recovering from injuries and illnesses regain movement and manage pain. Physical therapist assistants are involved in the direct care of patients. They give therapy through exercise, massage, gait and balance training, and therapeutic modalities, such as electrical stimulation and ultrasound. Physical therapist assistants record patients' progress and report the results of each treatment to the physical therapist.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe patients before, during, and after therapy, noting their status and reporting to a physical therapist
- Help patients do specific exercises as part of the plan of care.
- Use a variety of techniques, such as massage and stretching, to treat patients.
- Educate a patient and family members about what to do after treatment.
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
- Observes and reports to the physical therapist and the Organization personnel the patient's reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient's condition.
- Instruct patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthodontic devices.
- Maintains necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into the patient's clinical record in prescribed time frames.
- Participates in Organization Home Care Team Members meetings and Organization In-service Education Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program with either an Associate's degree in science or applied science that is approved by the American Physical Therapy Association, Inc.
- Experience working with Professional Aides
- Active license to work in the state
- Minimum 1 Year experience required
- Possesses and maintains current Heart Association Approved CPR certification.
$40-$45 hrly (Open)
United Health Systems
HealthcareView all jobs at United Health Systems
Get fresh Per Diem Physical Therapist Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.