Medical Laboratory Technician
- Posted: 18 days ago
Brief Company Intro
United Health System is a well-known provider of healthcare services within the United States.
United Health System has always strived to be Customer-oriented, Compassionate, Candid, and Compliant. We are committed to your success. You can count on us!
We believe in working as a team with persistent stress on excelled deliverance. Our underlined principle is that an honest and sincere disposition pays off. In a continuous quest to be the best for both our clients and our employees, we work with simple strategies that produce the best results.
Contract: 20 Weeks
Position: Medical Laboratory Technician
Shift: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Medical Laboratory Technician under general supervision and medical supervision performs waived and moderately complex laboratory tests defined by CLIA Regulations. Performs clinical laboratory test procedures in a manner that provides timely and accurate meaningful results in Hematology, Urinalysis, Chemistry, and coagulation tests. Knowledge of Quality control, Instrument calibration, and preventative periodic maintenance of instruments. Effective and clear communication with medical staff clients and patients.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Perform Proficiency testing and monitor quality control functions for waived and moderately complex tests and tests that do not require microscopic analysis such as CBC differential count except for UA
- microscopic examination.
- Demonstrate the required competency with instrument operation, and be able to troubleshoot and follow through with service repair technicians to ensure the instrument is functioning in a timely manner.
- Receives collects as well as processes samples, verification of patient information, billing order, specimen amount and storage requirements.
- Accurately enters patients testing data and documents corrections appropriately to meet established turnaround time.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order by performing periodic maintenance as scheduled and maintaining a clean work area.
- Performs ordering, labeling maintaining inventory supply, and putting away supplies to their proper storage temperature.
- Perform archiving, filing QC data, patient logs, instrument maintenance records, temperature, specimen rejection, and instrument troubleshooting.
- Check pending list order at the end of each shift and notify nursing or providers for specimens submitted without test order.
- Respond to unacceptable results and takes appropriate action necessary to resolve discrepancies or problems with specimens and or refer the problem to CLS or immediate supervisor.
- Adheres to laboratory safety standards including personal protective equipment.
- Answers phone calls for offices calling for results.
- Maintain an organized and clean work environment.
Education Required (Minimum level of education): At least HS graduate or finished the GED
Certifications/Licenses Required: Current CPR certificate AND MLT California State License
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience): Experienced as MLT for at least 6 months to 1 year for various laboratory instrument as ISTAT, Piccolo, Chemistry Analyzer, Coulter or any CBC instruments, Urinalysis instrument as Clinitek or Seimens Urine analyzer, Coagu-Check instrument.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to perform the Job: Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job: Typing skills and ability to use a computer keyboard. Handles emergency or crisis situations. Subject to many interruptions.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: Frequent prolonged standing and walking. Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens. Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens Subject to varying and unpredictable situations; occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
Divya Singh Tanwar
Healthcare Recruiter Lead
United Health Systems
AddressChula Vista, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at United Health Systems
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?