Location: Elmore, Alabama
Job Details :
- Licensed practical nurses (LPN's) fill important roles in modern healthcare practices. Their primary job duty is to provide routine care, observe patients' health, assist doctors and registered nurses, and communicate instructions to patients regarding medication, home-based care, and preventative lifestyle changes.
- Provides nursing services including the administration of medications and injections to patients as directed by the providers.
- Oversees the smooth progression of daily patient schedules, monitors patient flow and assists Medical Assistant staff in preparation of examination rooms, preparation of patients for an exam, and taking of vital signs of patients.
- Documents patient's current medication list, including name(s) of medications, dosages, frequency, duration and start date. Administers medication and treatment as prescribed through written Provider orders
- Performs laboratory procedures from specimen collections, as authorized.
- Assist in preparation of nursing, MA and support staff schedules and assures that adequate coverage is provided to providers and clinic sessions.
- Attends general and medical staff meetings and participates in quality improvement projects.
- Assists RN's to adequately supply routine medical supplies; reorders supplies through established purchasing procedures. Maintains an accurate inventory of medical supplies to ensure services are not compromised due to unforeseen shortages.
- Minimum of 1 years experience
- BLS Certification
- Excellent communication skills
Benefits of working as an LPN for UNITED Nurses include:
- Personalized Compensation Packages
- Weekly Pay
- Healthcare Benefits