Job Title: Critical Care RN
Location: Conway, Arkansas
Job Type: 13 Weeks Contract (High Chances of extension of the contract)
Shift: 12 Hours Day / Night Shift
Guaranteed Hours: 36 Hours per Week
Critical Care Nurse needed in Conway, Arkansas. 13 weeks’ contract and 36 hours per week guaranteed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify patients' age-specific needs and alter care plans as necessary to meet those needs.
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patients' clinical status.
- Evaluate patients' vital signs and laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs.
- Administer blood and blood products, monitoring patients for signs and symptoms related to transfusion reactions.
- Administer medications intravenously, by injection, orally, through gastric tubes, or by other methods.
- Advocate for patients' and families' needs, or provide emotional support for patients and their families.
- Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, and pressure lines.
- Monitor patients' fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
- Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Assess patients' pain levels and sedation requirements.
- Assess patients' psychosocial status and needs including areas such as sleep patterns, anxiety, grief, anger, and support systems.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to develop and revise treatment plans based on identified needs and assessment data.
- Collect specimens for laboratory tests.
- Compile and analyze data obtained from monitoring or diagnostic tests.
- Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate problems.
- Document patients' medical histories and assessment findings.
- Document patients' treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions.
- Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status.
- Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and elective cardioversion.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Arkansas.
- Minimum of two years of recent professional nursing experience.
- Basic computer skills desirable.
United Health Systems