Certified Nurse Assistant- Per Diem/ Part Time/ Full Time
United Health Systems Modesto, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CNA - Certified Nurse Assistant - Per diem - Full Time / Urgent Needs
Location: Modesto, California
- All shift available
- New Grad
- A certified nursing assistant's (CNA) main role is to provide basic care to patients, as well as assist them in daily activities they might have trouble with on their own, such as bathing. Because of the personal nature of the job, a certified nursing assistant job description must include people skills and the ability to be compassionate and enjoy helping others. In nursing or long-term care facilities, a CNA is often a patient's main caregiver.
Job Duties and Responsibilities of CNA:
- Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; testing urine; recording intake and output information.
- Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
- Enhances the nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Requirements of CNA :
- BLS Certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have active California CNA license
United Health Systems
HealthcareView all jobs at United Health Systems