One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
SandyPines is seeking a dynamic and talented Therapist.
SandyPines is a 149 bed Residential Psychiatric Facility servicing children and adolescents ages 5 to 17. The facility is located in beautiful sub-tropical South Florida and is nestled beside Jonathan Dickinson Sate Park which creates a rustic, roomy outdoor atmosphere. SandyPines is at the county line of both Palm Beach and Martin Counties and is just minutes away from the shores of the Atlantic Ocean.
The Therapist is a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team who acts as a liaison between the Facility, the SAMH Program Office, the CBC's, and the resident's family. Provides clinical and case management services to residents and their families.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Facilitates initial treatment planning meeting, demonstrating leadership skills and full knowledge of the assigned client's background, based upon admitting paperwork. Maintains professional demeanor.
- Completes the individualized treatment plan within the required time frame per policy and procedure.
- Conducts individual and family therapy at least 1x each per week per assigned client. If family therapy is contra-indicated, completes 2 individual sessions per week.
- Conducts group therapy as assigned. Group topics are appropriate, demonstrate creativity, are non-repetitive, and demonstrate relevance to the resident's goals/objectives. Documentation supports relevance to the resident's goals/objectives and how they responded to the group topic.
- Facilitates treatment team meetings (rounds), demonstrating leadership skills and maintaining a professional demeanor. Provides clinical input to the team.
- The discharge plan and estimated length of stay section on the treatment plan reviews are updated monthly and contain accurate information. If the resident is nearing discharge, the discharge section contains information on the specific plan, including dates/times of aftercare appointments.