Hartgrove Hospital is a 160-bed leading psychiatric hospital dedicated to providing quality behavioral health services for its diverse population of children, adolescents and adults. Hartgrove Hospital has become the flagship behavioral health facility within Universal Health Services, Inc., its parent company. As a leader in behavioral health within UHS and in the Chicago area, Hartgrove Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility offering some of the most advanced technologies and programs found in the behavioral health field. We are dedicated to our teamwork approach and provide a compassionate and therapeutic environment, as well as offering a continuum of specialty programs throughout our inpatient, partial and outpatient services.
The Hospital is seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Coordinator who will aid Hartgrove Hospital in sustaining its tradition of excellence in the health care field. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a stable and growing behavioral health organization in the Chicagoland community. Come be a part of our winning team of professionals and make a difference!
The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Performs ETOC/substance abuse assessments hospital-wide along with group and individual counseling.
- Participates in patient treatment planning and continuum of care.
- Provides patient and family education relative to substance abuse/psychiatric problems and develops comprehensive patient discharge plans.
- Understands and considers age specific developmental issues in order to provide appropriate interpretation of assessments and needed interventions.
- Understands and considers basic growth and development needs specific to the age and population served. Conducts educational workshops both within the Hospital and in the community as required.
- Serves as a liaison with self help groups and EAP professionals.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all serves provided.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of chemical dependence services required by the Hospital treatment programs.
- Must be CADC licensed either through IAODAPCA or ICRC.
- High School Diplomas required; Bachelors Degree in a Psychology or related field strongly preferred.
- 4 years clinical experience with a psychiatric mental health population preferred; experience working with both adolescent and adult populations strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Illinois Confidentiality Act and Illinois Mental Health Code.
- Fluent in Microsoft suite applications along with strong overall computer skills.
- Must be self motivated, results-oriented individual who is customer focused