Member Service Advisor
Griffith IN - Griffith, IN
General Summary(What is done and why)
The Member Service Advisor (MSA) reinforces and builds member relationships through efficient response to members' service requests and solicitation of new loan and deposit product purchases. This position is responsible for consistently exceeding member expectations and meeting sales goals by matching the full range of Credit Union products and services with an informed understanding of members' needs and making appropriate lending recommendations based on established guidelines.
Essential Functions, in Priority Order(Majority of duties, but not meant to be all inclusive or prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary)
- Sell and deliver Credit Union loan, deposit, investment, business, electronic and convenience products and services. This includes gathering information to complete loan applications, evaluating credit reports, offering solutions to members, and submitting recommendations based on established lending guidelines. Time: 55%
- Act as the primary source of product information and service support for member and staff inquiries, timely problem resolution and account maintenance. Maintain a high knowledge of all Credit Union products and services. Time:25%
- Provide accurate, complete and consistent documentation in a timely manner. Time: 10%
- Participate in and contribute to training and team development to assist in adaptation to new processes and systems. Time: 5%
- Perform teller functions as needed. Time: 5%
Education(Minimum education required to perform the duties of this position)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.
Experience(Minimum experience required to perform the duties of this position)
In additionto the education requirement:
- Minimum of two years' experience in a related sales field.
- Sales or referral experience with proven results.
- NMLS registration required upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities(Minimum technical and communication skill levels and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position)
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills.
- Thorough knowledge of lending principles.
- Analysis and resolution skills.
- Self motivated with demonstrated sales skills.
- Phone sales solicitation skills.
- Knowledge of Credit Union products, services and banking regulations.
- Ability to engage members in conversations to increase product penetration.
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Demonstrates Courage
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Ability to identify member and staff needs.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to concentrate in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude when resolving member/staff issues.
Tools and Equipment Used
- All available general office equipment as needed.
- All available computer software and hardware as needed.
- Cash dispense machine.
- Drive-thru equipment.
Working Relationships/Contacts(Positions with which incumbent has frequent contact)
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with MSA staff.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union managers.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union members.
Physical Demands(Physical effort generally associated with this position)
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading the computer screen. Must be able to talk and keyboard simultaneously. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels.
Working Conditions(Typical working conditions associated with this type of work and environmental hazards, if any, that may be encountered in performing the duties of this position)
Internal- Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines or special meetings.
External- Some travel may be required; however, information on environmental conditions is not available.