Commercial Loan Officer II
Jenny Lind AR - Fort Smith, AR
General Summary(What is done and why)
The Commercial Loan Officer provides quality business lending expertise through financial counseling and product awareness to Credit Union members regarding their business financing needs and generates investment quality business loans by taking loan applications in support of loan growth objectives. Generally manages a typical book of business of $15MM-$25MM.
Essential Functions, in Priority Order(Majority of duties, but not meant to be all inclusive or prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary)
- Provide financial counseling through interviewing, pre-qualifying and the business loan application process. Responsible for securing deposit commitments from borrowers and partnering with branch personnel for account opening and funding. Responsible for effective cross selling of all products and services via referrals to branch personnel. Time: 70%
- Develop and maintain relationships with the business community to promote business loan programs, deposit products, and ancillary services. Represent the Credit Union at community business functions. Give educational presentations within the community. Time: 20%
- Work with branch lending personnel regarding business programs. Provide educational support to branches and members. Time: 10%
Education(Minimum education required to perform the duties of this position)
- Bachelors' degree or two years of related work experience required.
- Generally, at least three years of dedicated commercial lending experience or highly translatable skill set and experience required, seven years preferred.
- Developed business relationships and established professional network within community desired.
- Thorough business knowledge of the business lending industry.
- Experience with treasury management sales.
- Demonstrated secondary market skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of lending laws, regulations, policies and compliance.
- Ability to develop or improve loan products.
- Ability to develop strategy for seminars, presentations and trade shows.
- Proven track record of effective sales/service skills and techniques.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Time Management
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work and reason under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional image.
- Ability to interpret lending guidelines and regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of guidelines necessary to generate business loans.
- All available general office equipment as needed.
- All available computer software and hardware as needed.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union staff.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union management.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with business community.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union members.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with vendors.