Family Practice Physician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
United Family Medicine (UFM) is a Federally-Qualified Health Center in St. Paul, where patients receive community-based Family Practice medical care in addition to mental health, dentistry, social work and other integrated services. When joining UFM, you become part of a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming team who are dedicated to serving our patients and pursuing our mission to deliver excellent healthcare for all and training for the providers of tomorrow.
There are many benefits to joining our team but a few of the highlights include:
- Great culture and team atmosphere.
- Paid holidays.
- Generous PTO (30 days/ year) accrual with immediate access.
- 403 (b) retirement plan with the 5% company match and 100% vested immediately.
- Benefits enrollment starts the first of the month after the hire date.
- Health insurance and HSA plans with an $1,500 for single (or $2,000 for families) upfront employer contribution. Dental, vision, short-term disability, health care and dependent care FSA options.
- $0 co-pay for all primary care visits with no additional costs (Nice)
- Employer-sponsored Life w/AD&D and Long-term disability.
The Family Practice Physician (MD) will provide comprehensive primary care medical services for the patients of UFM within the scope of licensing, training and credentialing. The physician will work closely with advanced practitioners and medical support staff to provide quality patient care. He or she will implement and maintain the highest standards of professional medical care for the patients at UFM.
- Provide 8 sessions (32 hours) a week of patient care in the clinic through a combination of in-person visits and telemedicine visits for 1.0 FTE. Providers are to expect consistency in their schedule and any changes will be communicated with reasonable notice.
- The clinic provides 8 hours of administrative time to address patient care for 1.0 FTE. Available days for administration are based on current need in the clinic and distributed by seniority. There is opportunity to change if a senior provider leaves or providers arrange for a swap. See admin policy for further details.
- Provide primary medical care to patients throughout their life states while emphasizing wellness, chronic disease management, illness prevention and care of acute illnesses. Opportunities for those wanting to provide prenatal care preferred. No delivery obligations.
- Keep informed of medical developments, drugs, treatments and medications promoting health educations
- Participate in department and organizational meetings, committees and training programs
- Develop and maintain a panel of patients as a clinical primary care provider
- Deliver outstanding primary care in a culturally sensitive and linguistically competent manner to a diverse patient population
- Participate, as needed, in the recruiting and onboarding of new medical providers
- Perform primary care duties in integration/coordination of other services provided by UFM in regard to clinical care (i.e. Mental Health, Dental, 340b drug program, Healthcare Home program, community outreach etc.
- Understand and implement the achievement of productivity standards and goals to achieve organizational sustainability and growth in keeping with national FQHC standards.
- Address clinical issues with regard to patient satisfaction; in collaboration with the operations team, assure that the electronic record processes are supportive to patient care. Ensure that imputed data is appropriate for timely and effective patient care through review and monitoring.
- Prepare clinical reports and correspondence concerning patients under his/her care or projects under her/his responsibility to governing bodies, physicians, hospitals, and other individuals and facilities.
- Ensure adherence to basic medical requirements for Federally Qualified Clinics, OSHA, Infection Control, Joint Commission and other governmental/non-governmental regulatory and accrediting agencies as needed by UFM.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Interface clinical and administrative decision-making processes to achieve UFM patient centered goals and objectives, using advanced problem solving, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in determining solutions to challenges and barriers.
- Ability to self-direct, and provide quality patient care within scheduling parameters
- Ability to establish rapport and gain the confidence of others on the health care team.
- Demonstrate highest-level medical, administrative and ethical practices toward the achievement of UFM priorities as a Federally Qualified Health Care Center.
- Ability to manage clinical and administrative performance toward priority goals and objectives.
- Interface clinic and administrative activities toward patient centered care and delivery.
- Ability to perform the job in accordance with United Family Medicine’s Standards of Business Conduct, which includes compliance, ethics and integrity, confidentiality, protection of assets and avoidance of conflicts of interest and inappropriate business relationships.
- Graduate of accredited Medical School is required.
- Successful completion of residency program in family practice is required.
- Three (3) years patient care experience following medical school is strongly preferred.
- Medical experience in an outpatient family medicine clinic including pediatrics, obstetrical/gynecological, medical care and non-emergency care is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Board certified in family practice is required.
- A permanent current full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Minnesota is required.
- Current unrestricted DEA license is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the provider is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The provider must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Beginning January 4, 2022, all job offers are conditioned on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized for emergency use or FDA-approved. A person is only considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after receiving a single J&J vaccine or a second Pfizer or Moderna vaccine shot.
In addition, job offers made during flu season are conditioned on the candidate receiving the annual flu vaccination before their start date.
UFM is an equal opportunity employer.
United Family Medicine
1026 W 7th StreetSaint Paul, MN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.